Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Port Assignment- OT in a Small Way

Port Assignment- OT in a Small Way

splatter

> My format can't be copied and you know it. If your going to act stupid,
> then you can also be put in my filter ignore.

Man that's rich the queen psycho is going to use her kill file... why won't
you stay in mine you stupid ^%(* oh that's right because your a spammer who
has no purpose in life but to annoy everyone in this group, not to mention
cross post your drivel that no one wants.

If you stay in my kill file I promise to stay in yours.. deal?

thinking of a four letter word that rhymes with "hunt"

DP

Don Kelloway

"Tracker" <"snailmail(remove/valid)222000"@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Don Kelloway wrote:
>
> > "Tracker" <"snailmail(remove/valid)222000"@yahoo.com> wrote in

message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Copyright 2003 by Debbie X. All rights Reserved. No part of this
> > > publication may be reproduced in any form or by any means, or

stored
> > in
> > > a data base or retrieval system, without prior written permission

of
> > the
> > > publisher.
> > >
> > > Below is a list compiled of port numbers and associated

assignments.

> > > 0:Reserved

> > You're attempting to claim copyright to a listing of ports

assignments?
> > Please tell us that you're kidding!
> >
> > On the slim chance that you're not. What you have posted is a
> > compilation of port assignments taken from the 'Assigned Numbers'
> > RFC-1700 (http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/cgi-bin/rfc/rfc1700.html) as
> > well as many other sources. Heck! I wouldn't doubt if you

plagiarized
> > a portion of the listing I posted three years ago at
> > http://www.commodon.com/threat/threat-allports.htm <grin>
> >
> > My advice would be that if I were you. I would immediately post a
> > retraction stating that the information you're posting is a

compilation,
> > taken from several sources including RFC-1700.
> >

> My format can't be copied and you know it. If your going to act

stupid,
> then you can also be put in my filter ignore.
> The Best Kept Secrets of Backdoors, Cracking, Firewalls, Hacking,
> Proxies, The Internet, Trojan Horses, Virtual Private Networks, Virus,
> Windows and different types of Servers can be found at:
> http://geocities.com/secure2003222000
>
> Tracker

Just that because you can plagiarize the information from other sources
and then serve it up in what you want to refer to as your 'format'. I
do not believe that you can claim copyright on the document presented as
a whole which is what you're doing.

However if you are still going to maintain this belief. Then I think
you should at least cite the sources you've plagiarized from and then
state that the copyright is for your formatting of the information only.
Even this I think, is useless.

Out of curiosity, have you consulted with an attorney re: this subject?
I think you should because all it would take would be for a few
complaints to be sent to the IETF (http://www.ietf.org/), stating that
you're claiming copyright to information they've been maintaining for
30+ years.

--
Best regards,
Don Kelloway

Visit http://www.commodon.com to learn about the "Threats to Your
Security on the Internet".

Mimic

"splatter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bj7chn$833$(E-Mail Removed)...

> thinking of a four letter word that rhymes with "hunt"
>
> DP

Runt ? ;D

--
Mimic

and those that dont."

Mimic

"Tracker" <"snailmail(remove/valid)222000"@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > You're attempting to claim copyright to a listing of ports assignments?
> > Please tell us that you're kidding!
> >
> > On the slim chance that you're not. What you have posted is a
> > compilation of port assignments taken from the 'Assigned Numbers'
> > RFC-1700 (http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/cgi-bin/rfc/rfc1700.html) as
> > well as many other sources. Heck! I wouldn't doubt if you plagiarized
> > a portion of the listing I posted three years ago at
> > http://www.commodon.com/threat/threat-allports.htm <grin>
> >
> > My advice would be that if I were you. I would immediately post a
> > retraction stating that the information you're posting is a compilation,
> > taken from several sources including RFC-1700.
> >
> > --
> > Best regards,
> > Don Kelloway
> > Commodon Communications
> >
> > Visit http://www.commodon.com to learn about the "Threats to Your
> > Security on the Internet".

> My format can't be copied and you know it. If your going to act stupid,
> then you can also be put in my filter ignore.
>
> Tracker

Oh **** **** tracker.
.........I just wet myself.

--
Mimic

and those that dont."

mto

"Tracker" <"snailmail(remove/valid)222000"@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> My format can't be copied and you know it. If your going to act stupid,
> then you can also be put in my filter ignore.

Best learn a little bit about copyright "Tracker."

1.) You cannot copyright information that is not original to you.
Assembling information from elsewhere into a document of whatever format is
called "republishing" or "creating a derivative work."

2.) Copyright *only* applies to *original* writings, compositions or works
of art. This does include, for example, the design of a web site. It does
not, however, include a "format" of information that you do not yourself
generate.

GET A CLUE!

splatter

"Mimic" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "splatter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bj7chn$833$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > thinking of a four letter word that rhymes with "hunt"
> >
> > DP
> >

> Runt ? ;D

no... stunt..

Andrew

"splatter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bj7hfd$g80$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Mimic" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > "splatter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:bj7chn$833$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > > thinking of a four letter word that rhymes with "hunt"
> > >
> > > DP
> > >

> > Runt ? ;D

> no... stunt..

4 letters...

punt?

Mimic

"splatter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bj7hfd$g80$(E-Mail Removed)...

> > > thinking of a four letter word that rhymes with "hunt"

> > Runt ? ;D

> no... stunt..

You said 4 letters ;D

--
Mimic

and those that dont."
"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but
when you do, it blows away your whole leg"

kyra

Andrew wrote:
> "splatter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bj7hfd$g80$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>"Mimic" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>>"splatter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:bj7chn$833$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>>Runt ? ;D

>>no... stunt..
>>

> 4 letters...
>
> punt?

bunt!!!

--
http://aleeya.net

Tell me and I'll forget.
Show me and I'll remember.
Involve me and I will learn.

Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime.

erewhon

How about ****? Just a thought.