Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Re: Microsoft win2k and XP , hidden & Temp files and such. Cache, URLS, ERASE , PURGE

Re: Microsoft win2k and XP , hidden & Temp files and such. Cache, URLS, ERASE , PURGE

erniegalts

On 17 Aug 2003 22:39:05 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Jelly) wrote:

>I read all this CACHE CLEAN stuff, here and wonder about all this
>worry and such.
>First off.
>If you are doing something illegal on your computer , your efforts to
>remove it will be wasted.
>You run your cleaner ( 500 titles, on FileGeek.com last look)
>Run HistoryKill or Cookie and Cache killer programs and they will kill
>the user.dat file
>or at least attempt it and on reboot try again.
>The reason it is hard to kill is because WINDOWS has this file locked.
>If windows can't own its locked files , then your silly GUI goes dead.
>BY DESIGN !
>

>Lets say you have a new 80gig hard drive. ( you poor devil)
>Now in order to clean your TRACKS, you must find all these files and
>delete them.
>This will keep you busy most the day. I feel your pain.
>
>Ah, but deleting does, not delete files, ( it only Marks them as
>deleted,with full content).
>Well, you then must delete them or better use Norton Military file
>WIPE.
>this will erase it 7 times with many file patterns. 0xAA , 0xFF , 00
>, 0xfF ,etc.
>Another day wasted. I assume you emptied your waste basket at each
>delete.
>
>If you really do something illegal and your hard drive ends up at the
>FBI, they have
>special harddrive analysist systems with special analog heads that can
>read your platters.
>This is called ghost domain reading. If you are a Kiddy Porn seller ,
>you should wake up.
>The FBI will find you. Thank God, for the FBI.
>
>Now if all you are doing, is trying to protect MOM from seeing your
>porn, then run Windows Washer 48 (latest) and pray it does a good job.
>If this is not enough, then search out all the files mentioned in this
>GROUP and delete them.
>
>I see people wondering why the Cache folders are random names,
>It is says right in the MS OS eng. documentation on line , that this
>is, to make it hard for damn crackers, that have already broken into
>your system ,figure out what cache belongs, to whom.
>Etc.
>
>It is just low level protection that MS is using here, not some
>Communist threat.
>Just giving you a little protection, because you forgot, what a fire
>wall, is all about.
>The hiding is not for you honest people, it is for the CROOKS !
>Just speed bumps for the Cracker, nothing less.
>Keep an open mind and remember computers have many I/O points of
>interface.
>
>Here is a list of protection steps:
>Delete your files ( per this massive group list , USER.dat ,etc, etc)
>then ERASE and do a MIL. Spec WIPE FILE on all deleted files and all
>empty space.
>After all, empty space was your files,at one time ( you cant prove it
> [...]

Fair enough, and useful information for those who think that they can
get away with libelling others. Willing to tell them that they
cannot really get away with this?

I doubt that I have anything to hide. Others do. Would you like to
help explain that they cannot?

Common sense dictates that no country can possibly allow terrorist
info, death threats, and so on to be freely exchanged on the internet
or any other method of communication.

Um, I would bet that no any two people in this world could send even
send a "Hi there!" message to any one else of the over 6,000,000,000
in the world without one or more government agencies or other users
without this information being permanently recorded somewhere.

As you have said

">Have fun and stay clean.<"

Obviously some aren't willing to do this.

Interesting, considering that back in the sixties most Americans
seemed to like one another rather than hate one another. Interesting,
eh?

Why do so many Americans seem to hate one another these days?

Any ideas?

erniegalts

purge old build files Bill M Perl Misc 0 02-03-2012 05:11 PM
How do i erase all information in my orkut and erase the link to the orkut account? mountbatten@gmail.com Computer Support 1 10-31-2005 12:03 AM
how to purge backup files sanjeev.sagar@gmail.com Perl Misc 4 05-11-2005 01:43 PM
Temp Internet and temp files now in winnt directory w2k pro Bibble Bobble Computer Support 1 11-27-2003 06:14 PM
Re: Microsoft win2k and XP , hidden & Temp files and such. Cache, URLS, ERASE , PURGE kraken Computer Security 4 10-11-2003 03:28 PM

Advertisments