Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Port scanner

Port scanner

Chucky

I made a port scanner that checks for open ports
I want to know what you think of it
does it need ports added or a better discription please let me know

scanner url: http://chucky.ath.cx/projects/portscanner/scanning.php

kaptain kernel

Chucky wrote:

> I made a port scanner that checks for open ports
> I want to know what you think of it
> does it need ports added or a better discription please let me know
>
> scanner url: http://chucky.ath.cx/projects/portscanner/scanning.php

clever... very clever...

instead of randomly scanning , you get people to come to your scanner.

))))

.Saphyr

> clever... very clever...
> instead of randomly scanning , you get people to come to your scanner.
> ))))

; ) Maybe the visitors from this newsgroup aren't actually the best bid for
this. Anyway, I tried it... it s slow, very slow. Your script needs a little bit
more non-answer tolerance in order to speed up.

How many ports do you check ? I hadn't time enough to wait til end...

..antoine

(good job anyway)

kroesjnov

Chucky wrote:
> I made a port scanner that checks for open ports
> I want to know what you think of it
> does it need ports added or a better discription please let me know
>
> scanner url: http://chucky.ath.cx/projects/portscanner/scanning.php

I think it is nice, yet slow as mentioned.
You might want to flush the result every minute or for every port, because
now we are staring at a blank page. Some sign of activity is nice to have
for a user
You also might want to draw the page first, and then dynamically add
scanning results (plus an animation or something to show it is scanning, and
perhaps info on what it is scanning).
Also I dont know what it is scanning now;
http://www.geocities.com/kroesjnov/scanner.jpg
Does it scan all 65000+ ports?
Perhaps it is nice to let the user decide what to scan, or perhaps let them
choose between a full scan, a basic service scan (mail, news, http, ssh,
telnet, etc), or user defined ports.

Nice job, and looking forward to next versions

--
"Wisdom lies not in obtaining knowledge, but in using it in the right way"
- kroesjnov

http://www.securitydatabase.net
http://www.mostly-harmless.nl
http://www.outerbrains.nl
email: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)rnet (remove inter to reply)
UIN: 85685870
MSN: (E-Mail Removed)

kroesjnov

kroesjnov wrote:
> Also I dont know what it is scanning now;
> http://www.geocities.com/kroesjnov/scanner.jpg
> Does it scan all 65000+ ports?

nm, explained 1 level up, my bad;
http://chucky.ath.cx/projects/portscanner/

--
"Wisdom lies not in obtaining knowledge, but in using it in the right way"
- kroesjnov

http://www.securitydatabase.net
http://www.mostly-harmless.nl
http://www.outerbrains.nl
email: (E-Mail Removed)rnet (remove inter to reply)
UIN: 85685870
MSN: (E-Mail Removed)