Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Re: New worm targets Windows Update

Re: New worm targets Windows Update

John E. Carty

"donut" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Just saw this on CNN, and while they didn't go into much detail, Windows
> Update was mentioned, and that the worm's purpose is to launch a DDoS
> attack against microsoft.com.
>
> I don't know how you could possibly download a worm at WU, but until more
> details come out, I'd stay away from there.

You're talking about the MSBLAST worm which is already out, and there is no
need to avoid the Window's Update site:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/interne...orm/index.html

donut

"John E. Carty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:nIe_a.160203$(E-Mail Removed) :

> You're talking about the MSBLAST worm which is already out, and there
> is no need to avoid the Window's Update site:
>
> http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/interne...orm/index.html

No, it was Lovsan.

> "John E. Carty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:nIe_a.160203$(E-Mail Removed) :
>

> > You're talking about the MSBLAST worm which is already out, and there
> > is no need to avoid the Window's Update site:
> >
> > http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/interne...orm/index.html
> >

> No, it was Lovsan.

They are one and the same:

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/scite...ips030812.html