Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Re: THE BEST KEPT SECRETS OF THE COMPUTER UNDERGROUND

Re: THE BEST KEPT SECRETS OF THE COMPUTER UNDERGROUND

Bruce Chambers

Greetings --

Keep your snake oil to yourself. Complaints filed with
originating ISP and the FTC.

Bruce Chambers

--
Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

having both at once. -- RAH

"Tracker" <"snailmail(remove)222000"@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Copyright 2003 by Debbie Xl. All rights Reserved. No part of this
> publication may be reproduced in any form or by any means, or stored

in
> a data base or retrieval system, without prior written permission of

the
> publisher.
>

> Remember, you heard this from me first. Installing a backdoor for
> future and continued access to your computer system is simple once a
> computer system is compromised. Here are the "Malicious Hackers

Best
> Kept Secrets!"
> They install a Trojan Horse which disables your anti-virus and

firewall
> protection; also, they install a second set of their own hidden

firewall
> application(s) to protect their Virtual Private Network(s). The

point
> that I am trying to make is this, you can check your system for a
> Backdoor, Trojan Horse, Virus, or Worm until your blue in the face,

you
> wouldn't find any. The hackers own firewall application(s) can be
> installed on your hard drive in a hidden folder and the only way you
> would know it's there is by going to your Control Panel, Folder

Options,
> View, Show All Files and Folders (Windows ME and earlier).
> Windows keeps files and folders hidden by default so you don't make
> changes to their important files. You need to View all Files and
> Folders on your computer to reveal what malicious hackers have

installed
> without your knowledge. This will open your eyes and show you all

the
> files and software applications now sitting on your hard drive. If

you
> want to learn more about computer security, if you're a beginner,

one
> avenue is to read-up on configuring your mail and browsing
> applications. Google and Yahoo also have Newsgroups and message

boards
> pertaining to the aforementioned. If utilizing a Windows platform,

do
> some reading on configuring your Windows Internet Options both

Internet
> and Local Settings. Also, spend time learning what applications in
> Windows are running and on what port they run on.
>
> Tracker
> Beefs Fiancee'
>
> I know how important it is for me not to define myself by how others
> perceive me.
>
> Interested in purchasing my book named "Security Minds versus

Malicious