Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Re: Could I have been hacked?

Re: Could I have been hacked?

Chuck

On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 10:32:19 +0400, Tracker
<"snailmail(remove)222000"@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Robert Burris wrote:
>
>> Go to http://www.rfc-editor.org and read up on SMTP. You'll find out that
>> anyone can use "anything" in the "To:" header of an e-mail message. You
>> need to rethink the idea that you're in control of a server when you don't
>> know the fundamentals.
>>
>> What if some clueless idiot, like Tracker, comes along and says "yes, you've
>> been hacked" over something stupid like this? What if said idiot tells you
>> to format and reinstall? Do you realize that anyone and everyone can offer
>> you advice in a newsgroup like this? Don't rely on help from dubious sources
>> to help you skate through.

<spam>
<drivel>
>SNIP<
>
>Interested in purchasing my book named "Security Minds versus Malicious
>Minds" visit:
>www.securityminds2003.com
>It will teach you to learn about Windows, the Internet and Hacking

</drivel>
<advertising>
>To view some kick butt artwork, visit:
>http://www.captiveimagery.com/index.cfm

</advertising>
</spam>

Chuck Croll
Spam sucks - PLEASE get rid of the spam before emailing me!
Trusted Computing? Right! http://www.againsttcpa.com/
WHAT IS THE CBDTPA? http://www.stoppoliceware.org/