Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Personal Firewall 2003

Personal Firewall 2003

Vassilis

I use the Norton Personal Firewall 2003.
I I use in the Trusted Zone some frined's
IP address. But I found that some other friends
that are not in my Trusted Zone are able to
access my computer.Why?

JP

"Vassilis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bfjdm7$3on$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I use the Norton Personal Firewall 2003.
> I I use in the Trusted Zone some frined's
> IP address. But I found that some other friends
> that are not in my Trusted Zone are able to
> access my computer.Why?

I don't like the sound of this, where exactly on your network are your
friends PC's?

What IP Addresses are you allowing?

--
There are 10 types of people in this world
Those that understand binary and those that don't

Vassilis

my computer (Win 2000 Prof) is inside a university's lab.
I use IPs in Trusted Zone for example:

xxx.xxx.x.56
xxx.xxx.x.44
xxx.xxx.x.64

and I share my drive D:

But a friend of mine inside the lab that has IP xxx.xxx.x.60,
is able also to see my drive D:

news:bfjfun$lus$(E-Mail Removed)-telecom.nl...