Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Re: CEH training

Reply
Thread Tools

Re: CEH training

 
 
Liam
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-08-2003
"Cross" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<w1oMa.42768$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Has anyone attended any of the CEH seminars or classes that are available?
> Before I spend that kind of $$$ i wanna know if it's even worth my time.


Personal opinion - buy yourself the latest edition of Hacking Exposed
and find a couple of decent buffer overflow/off-by-one/format
string/etc tutorials on the web and save yourself some cash...
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Cross
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-08-2003
Well I've got the cash to blow on it without a problem, I mostly want to
know if that's a decent class. I'm working on becoming a network systems
security administrator and i wanted to know also if that's a good
certification to add to the ones i already have.
"Liam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> "Cross" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:<w1oMa.42768$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > Has anyone attended any of the CEH seminars or classes that are

available?
> > Before I spend that kind of $$$ i wanna know if it's even worth my time.

>
> Personal opinion - buy yourself the latest edition of Hacking Exposed
> and find a couple of decent buffer overflow/off-by-one/format
> string/etc tutorials on the web and save yourself some cash...



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
neopolaris
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-08-2003
If your working for someone else then maybe do it. Good for resumes. If
you're self-employed then just read up all info you can for free. Sooner or
later all those bits will flux.

neopolaris
"Cross" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:CMEOa.54496$G6.9744@lakeread04...
> Well I've got the cash to blow on it without a problem, I mostly want to
> know if that's a decent class. I'm working on becoming a network systems
> security administrator and i wanted to know also if that's a good
> certification to add to the ones i already have.
> "Liam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > "Cross" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> news:<w1oMa.42768$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > > Has anyone attended any of the CEH seminars or classes that are

> available?
> > > Before I spend that kind of $$$ i wanna know if it's even worth my

time.
> >
> > Personal opinion - buy yourself the latest edition of Hacking Exposed
> > and find a couple of decent buffer overflow/off-by-one/format
> > string/etc tutorials on the web and save yourself some cash...

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Cross
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-08-2003
What if I'm working for someone else and they'll foot the whole bill on it,
what'ya think?
"neopolaris" <.> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> If your working for someone else then maybe do it. Good for resumes. If
> you're self-employed then just read up all info you can for free. Sooner

or
> later all those bits will flux.
>
> neopolaris
> "Cross" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:CMEOa.54496$G6.9744@lakeread04...
> > Well I've got the cash to blow on it without a problem, I mostly want to
> > know if that's a decent class. I'm working on becoming a network systems
> > security administrator and i wanted to know also if that's a good
> > certification to add to the ones i already have.
> > "Liam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > > "Cross" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> > news:<w1oMa.42768$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > > > Has anyone attended any of the CEH seminars or classes that are

> > available?
> > > > Before I spend that kind of $$$ i wanna know if it's even worth my

> time.
> > >
> > > Personal opinion - buy yourself the latest edition of Hacking Exposed
> > > and find a couple of decent buffer overflow/off-by-one/format
> > > string/etc tutorials on the web and save yourself some cash...

> >
> >

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PHP Training Institute In Delhi, Live Projects on PHP. Short TermPHP Courses, PHP Scripts, PHP Training with Live Projects. Rajive Narain Java 0 09-18-2009 10:47 AM
CEH Myke Computer Security 2 02-16-2008 09:01 PM
MCSE 2003 TRAINING PACK + 70-291 VIDEO TRAINING and more Daniel MCSE 2 09-06-2007 04:04 PM
Junk "training" in Thunderbird Kenneth Grimm Firefox 4 10-20-2004 02:24 AM
buy training books, training camps, practice mike MCDST 1 09-29-2004 11:33 AM



Advertisments