Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Is there a program to throttle users internet connection on the network?

Is there a program to throttle users internet connection on the network?

Kosta Patsellis

Just wondering if there is a program out there that throttles down the
connection of the internet on a client or workstation?

Your help is gratefully appreciated
P.S I have tried Bandwidth Controller and does not work With windows XP!

Don Kelloway

"Kosta Patsellis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3f0ac5fe$0$731$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Just wondering if there is a program out there that throttles down the
> connection of the internet on a client or workstation?
>
> Your help is gratefully appreciated
> P.S I have tried Bandwidth Controller and does not work With windows XP!

At one time Elron Software offered a program called Bandwidth Optimizer
that could provide exactly what you're looking for. They eventually
stopped offering the product because the public found it cheaper to
increase the connection to the 'net. Checkpoint also offered such a
product and I believe they still do though I think they now call it
'Floodgate'.

--
Best regards,
Don Kelloway

Visit http://www.commodon.com to learn about the "Threats to Your Security
on the Internet".

phoenix

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 23:24:10 +1000, Kosta Patsellis wrote:

> Just wondering if there is a program out there that throttles down the
> connection of the internet on a client or workstation?
>
> Your help is gratefully appreciated
> P.S I have tried Bandwidth Controller and does not work With windows XP!

Hi

The only other one I know of is this http://www.netlimiter.com/ Just out of
interest why didn't Bandwidth Controller work on your XP system, it did on
mine a while back.

Regards

Bill

bargepole

"Kosta Patsellis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3f0ac5fe$0$731$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Just wondering if there is a program out there that throttles down the
> connection of the internet on a client or workstation?

The SpeedLimit feature of Pipeline (
http://www.ekimsw.com/pipeline/index.html ) will limit data throughput.

erie patsellis erie patsellis is offline
Junior Member

Kosta,

I used something similar with my router (sme server) and was able to throttle each users bandwith by internal ip address.

erie

Throttle JMS queue connection Debs Java 0 09-25-2006 04:21 PM
Vonage auto bandwith throttle? Jared Subman VOIP 0 08-30-2005 04:00 AM
throttle per ip in ip range tony Cisco 1 04-15-2005 01:30 AM
New Releases: Full Throttle, Forever Knight: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists Doug MacLean DVD Video 1 08-14-2003 04:54 AM

Advertisments