Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Connecting Cisco 1602 to 2524 router

Connecting Cisco 1602 to 2524 router

Lowell

Want to know if I can connect two routers to simulate a WAN connection.
Both of these routers have a 56k 4 wire card in them and basically I'm just
trying to see maybe if there is a cable I can build myself to connect via
the 56K/64K cards. Apprecaite any response.

Walter Roberson

In article <pqhlb.1436$(E-Mail Removed)>,
Lowell <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:Want to know if I can connect two routers to simulate a WAN connection.
:Both of these routers have a 56k 4 wire card in them and basically I'm just
:trying to see maybe if there is a cable I can build myself to connect via
:the 56K/64K cards. Apprecaite any response.

This gets asked every couple of days. Please search groups.google.com
group:comp.dcom.sys.cisco . Keywords that might work are "back-to-back".
--
Positrons can be described as electrons traveling backwards in time.
Certainly many Usenet arguments about the past become clearer when they

lars

Hi Walter,

With the T1/FT1 card I was able to get one side to clock with an
internal jumper.

I'm not sure about the 56K, but I'd assume you could, as it's a DSU/CSU.
Look for a jumper
near the clock chip, which will be a silver box with the frequency on
it. It might say 56K, 56000,
or it might be a multiple (i.e. 112K, 112000, or 168K, 168000, 1.6 ,
the units will be KHz, MHz)
As far as the cable, the T1/FT1 needed a "crossover". But not an
ethernet crossover. Basically
I looked up what the pinout was, cut a 3 foot straight through cable
that you cut in the middle. Make
the transmit and receive pairs reversed on one side. So for the T1/FT1
this was 2,3 to 4,6.

Look up the correct pinouts on the cisco web site.

Keep in mind, the T1/FT1 was only able to clock to the max speed, one
can not set the "clock rate"
as one can on a true DCE device, and both sides believe they were the
DTE in the conversation.

That's OK for my application, it may not be for yours.

Let us know how it works...or send me 2 of the cards and I'll fix it up
for you!

Cheers,

Lars

Walter Roberson wrote:

>In article <pqhlb.1436$(E-Mail Removed)>,
>Lowell <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>:Want to know if I can connect two routers to simulate a WAN connection.
>:Both of these routers have a 56k 4 wire card in them and basically I'm just
>:trying to see maybe if there is a cable I can build myself to connect via
>:the 56K/64K cards. Apprecaite any response.
>
>This gets asked every couple of days. Please search groups.google.com
>group:comp.dcom.sys.cisco . Keywords that might work are "back-to-back".

2524 Router w/ T1 - simply bridge traffic to inside IP ponga Cisco 0 07-20-2007 05:10 PM
1602 Router/ No IOS Tom Gudmundsen Cisco 2 07-30-2005 04:55 PM
Cisco 2524 110/240V Parasites Lost Cisco 1 02-24-2005 09:05 AM
2524 router Vin Cisco 1 11-26-2003 02:39 PM
Please help with tracking lost packets via Cisco 2524?? Joshua Colvin Cisco 2 10-23-2003 01:35 PM

Advertisments