Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > PR: SnapGear and Zone Labs Team Up

PR: SnapGear and Zone Labs Team Up

Miles Gillham

SnapGear and Zone Labs Team to Offer Internet Security Solution for Home and
Office Networks

Partnership Brings State of the Art Protection at an Affordable Price to
Small Business,
SOHO and Small Enterprise Users

SnapGear(R) Inc., a leading supplier of Internet security products and
custom design solutions, and Zone Labs(R), Inc., a leading creator of
endpoint security solutions, today announced that the entire line of
SnapGear firewall/VPN appliances will ship with Zone Labs' award-winning
Internet security solution, ZoneAlarm(R) Pro.

Only computers registered as being protected by ZoneAlarm Pro will be
allowed VPN access to SnapGear head-end equipment, through the new joint
offering. The SnapGear/Zone Labs solution strengthens the security of each
PC connected via SnapGear against security threats by stopping hackers
searching for back-door entry to sensitive data.

[ Full release available from http://www.snapgear.com/news20030624.html ]

Cheers,

Miles
--
---
Miles Gillham, VP Marketing, http://www.SnapGear.com

DesertRat@mchsi.com

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 13:14:33 +1000, "Miles Gillham" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>SnapGear and Zone Labs Team to Offer Internet Security Solution for Home and
>Office Networks
>
> Partnership Brings State of the Art Protection at an Affordable Price to
>Small Business,
> SOHO and Small Enterprise Users
>
>SnapGear(R) Inc., a leading supplier of Internet security products and
>custom design solutions, and Zone Labs(R), Inc., a leading creator of
>endpoint security solutions, today announced that the entire line of
>SnapGear firewall/VPN appliances will ship with Zone Labs' award-winning
>Internet security solution, ZoneAlarm(R) Pro.
>
>Only computers registered as being protected by ZoneAlarm Pro will be
>allowed VPN access to SnapGear head-end equipment, through the new joint
>offering. The SnapGear/Zone Labs solution strengthens the security of each
>PC connected via SnapGear against security threats by stopping hackers
>searching for back-door entry to sensitive data.
>
>[ Full release available from http://www.snapgear.com/news20030624.html ]
>
>Cheers,
>
>Miles

I wonder what will happen here? Will SnapGear bring Zone Labs up to their
level of performance or will Zone Labs drag SnapGear down to their level
of non-performance...

DR