Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Re: xp firewall

Re: xp firewall

Nehmo Sergheyev

jst
> with my xp firewall turned on and my computer
> not existing to any scanners looking for open
> computers, and never opening attachments,
> what would be my security concerns?

Nehmo
*You*, for starters. What you don't know *can* hurt you. In order to be
moderately safe, you have to keep abreast of the latest security issues,
and you have to have technical understanding beyond what you (or I, for
that matter) have. For example, does your XP firewall (ICF) stop
outgoing traffic?

It might be educational for you to run these programs.

Ad-Aware 6
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/

Spybot Search & Destroy
http://spybot.eon.net.au/