Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cisco Secure ACS and SSL LDAP

Cisco Secure ACS and SSL LDAP

Silvio Arcangeli

Hi everybody,
sorry if I post again on this topic. I discovered some new things about this
issue, and I saw that previous threads on the same topic had no follow ups,
so I thought someone could be interested in it.

I'm setting up a Cisco ACS server to perform authentications against a Java
LDAP server. I managed to correctly configure ACS (clear-text
authentications on port 389 are working fine), and to correctly configure my
LDAP server (SSL connections from Java clients are working fine).
I managed to build a cert7.db file (through an old version of Mozilla),
containing the certificate used by the LDAP server.
But still it seems that ACS is not able to connect to the LDAP through SSL.

So I went on, and through the SSLTAP tool contained in the NSS library I
tracked the SSL traffic between ACS and the LDAP server.

What I got was this log:
http://www.narni.it/silvio/cisco/sslLogNOK.html

I also tracked a correct handshaking (with a Java client), and the log was
this one:
http://www.narni.it/silvio/cisco/sslLogOK.html

I don't know much about SSL... but from what I could understand I'm starting
to doubt that the problem is that ACS and the Java LDAP server have no
common encryption algorhitms.
Is there anyone who can confirm this doubt or explain what happens?

thank you very much,
Silvio Arcangeli