wandrinandz

If more buyers would support HD-DVD and say no to Blu-Ray, then we would not
have a format war which is damaging the dvd industry.
Join the HD-DVD Support Group over at www.hd-dvd.uk.com

Oldus Fartus

wandrinandz wrote:
> If more buyers would support HD-DVD and say no to Blu-Ray, then we would not
> have a format war which is damaging the dvd industry.

On the other hand, if more buyers would support Blu-Ray and say no to
HD-DVD, then we would not have a format war which is damaging the dvd
industry.

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus

Bill

> On the other hand, if more buyers would support Blu-Ray and say no to
> HD-DVD, then we would not have a format war which is damaging the dvd
> industry.

Blu-Ray's specs sound more impressive on paper...I think I'd rather see
it emerge as the standard.

Joshua Zyber

> Blu-Ray's specs sound more impressive on paper...I think I'd rather
> see it emerge as the standard.

Which part sounds more impressive: The MPEG2 compression, the
single-layer 25gb discs, or the lack of support for any advanced audio
format?

wandrinandz

Funny that.... I always thought it was SONY that made the dead format
BETAMAX Sony PS3 is going to be about £500... what a rip-off, the HD-DVD
Drive for the XBOX360 will only be around £130.
Hello... Do you not realise that HD-DVD is the only format that is
considered as an extension of DVD rather than a replacement and is the only
format endorsed by the dvd forum... think of all the people who have
invested money in DVD.

"Oldus Fartus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote > On the other hand, if
more buyers would support Blu-Ray and say no to
> HD-DVD, then we would not have a format war which is damaging the dvd
> industry.
>
> --
> Cheers
> Oldus Fartus

Dan Luke

"wandrinandz" wrote:

> Join the HD-DVD Support Group over at www.hd-dvd.uk.com

Tee-hee!

This is a joke, right?

"HD-DVD Support Group" ...haw-haw! That just kills me.

skip

"wandrinandz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> If more buyers would support HD-DVD and say no to Blu-Ray, then we
> would not have a format war which is damaging the dvd industry.
> Join the HD-DVD Support Group over at www.hd-dvd.uk.com

Actually your right but nature has to follow it's path.

unclejr

Joshua Zyber wrote:
> Which part sounds more impressive: The MPEG2 compression, the
> single-layer 25gb discs, or the lack of support for any advanced audio
> format?

TMML. IAWTP!

-Junior

Kimba W. Lion

"wandrinandz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>If more buyers would support HD-DVD and say no to Blu-Ray, then we would not
>have a format war which is damaging the dvd industry.
>Join the HD-DVD Support Group over at www.hd-dvd.uk.com

I'm saying NO to both of them.

Oldus Fartus

wandrinandz wrote:
> Funny that.... I always thought it was SONY that made the dead format
> BETAMAX Sony PS3 is going to be about £500... what a rip-off, the HD-DVD
> Drive for the XBOX360 will only be around £130.
> Hello... Do you not realise that HD-DVD is the only format that is
> considered as an extension of DVD rather than a replacement and is the only
> format endorsed by the dvd forum... think of all the people who have
> invested money in DVD.

Well, it seems sarcasm goes straight over your head.

At the end of the day, it will be what the content providers support
that determines which, if any, format wins in this debacle. My gut
feeling is that neither will *win* as such. Frankly, I don't care as I
have a reasonably large DVD collection and doubt that I will update to
another format.

(Of course, I have been proved wrong in the past, and may be this time.
Be interesting to Google for my comments in two or three years and
see whether I was correct or not.)

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus

You Say ā€œFragmentationā€, I Say ā€œDifferentiationā€ Lawrence D'Oliveiro NZ Computing 2 10-06-2010 04:44 AM
Re: SAY NO TO BLURAY MES Jones DVD Video 0 10-21-2008 04:59 PM
You say SIM, I say SEM Anon Computer Security 1 03-18-2006 01:49 PM
BluRay DVD Burner out Goro DVD Video 0 08-29-2005 07:31 PM
Yet Another BLURAY poast Goro DVD Video 2 08-11-2005 08:56 PM

Advertisments