Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > TMPGEnc

TMPGEnc

Rick Merrill

Hebee Jeebes wrote:

> No it is not. They have demo and then past that you buy it. Even if it was
> freeware that doesn't mean they are going to give you Mpeg encoding for free
> what it costs them money.

Here we go again!!

F Murtz

F Murtz wrote:
> Biz wrote:
>
>> There was never a version of it without the 30 day mpeg2 restriction, you
>> were misinformed.
>>
>> "F Murtz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>> Where can I get early version of tmpgenc (without 30 day restriction on
>>> mpeg2)
>>> For versions with restriction some say remove line
>>> {HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{63902277-B101-4049-8B46-C24B67E155E5} each

>> month.
>>
>>> but I have no such line in my registry

> Supposed to be ver 1.2a (no 30 day restrict)

I have found a copy of the early version. it was freeware then. it works
and with no 30 day restrict

Tarkus

On 6/5/2006 8:09:04 AM, F Murtz wrote:

> I have found a copy of the early version. it was freeware then. it
> works and with no 30 day restrict

The MPEG1 version was free at one time. The MPEG2 version was never
free. Actually, as I recall, the program itself stayed free, but the
MPEG2 support expired after 30 days. After that you had to pay a fee to
continue to use MPEG2.
--
"What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating
machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is

Now playing: "Rush - The Spirit Of Radio"