Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > TMPGEnc

TMPGEnc

yeltz

Colon Terminus wrote:
> No one can distribute MPEG-2 encoding software for free.

HCEnc - free
http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/mpg/hc.htm
QEnc - free

Alpha

"yeltz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

> Colon Terminus wrote:
>> No one can distribute MPEG-2 encoding software for free.

> HCEnc - free
> http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/mpg/hc.htm
> QEnc - free

Illegal and pirated.

F Murtz

Biz wrote:
> There was never a version of it without the 30 day mpeg2 restriction, you
> were misinformed.
>
> "F Murtz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Where can I get early version of tmpgenc (without 30 day restriction on
>>mpeg2)
>> For versions with restriction some say remove line
>>{HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{63902277-B101-4049-8B46-C24B67E155E5} each

> month.
>
>>but I have no such line in my registry

Supposed to be ver 1.2a (no 30 day restrict)

Mike Berger

Snopes debunks that as an Urban Legend.

F Murtz wrote:
> Biz wrote:
>
>> There was never a version of it without the 30 day mpeg2 restriction, you
>> were misinformed.
>>
>> "F Murtz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>> Where can I get early version of tmpgenc (without 30 day restriction on
>>> mpeg2)
>>> For versions with restriction some say remove line
>>> {HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{63902277-B101-4049-8B46-C24B67E155E5} each

>> month.
>>
>>> but I have no such line in my registry

> Supposed to be ver 1.2a (no 30 day restrict)

Rick Merrill

Impmon wrote:

> On Wed, 31 May 2006 01:03:24 +1000, F Murtz <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

>>You are missing the point it is freeware
>>The later versions have a restriction on the mpeg2 component .the early
>>version did not I want the early version

> MPEG2 is NOT freeware,

It is a format, not xx-ware of any kind.

> it is still held by copyright holder.

And the "copyright holder" would be ,,, MPEG!

> TMPGEnc
> merely offers the feature but the author still has to pay to the
> holder so when you pay for it, you are paying for the right to use
> MPEG2 and not for the program itself.

I can see you believe this to be so, but whom would one pay?

Hebee Jeebes

The one to pay is the company that puts the Mpeg support in their product.
This is why there is a time limit. They aren't going to pay if your not
going to buy. If you buy and pay for the product then they pay the copyright
holder. Just like Adobe does for JPG, etc. When you buy the product the
license fee to use the copyrighted material is included in the price.

Alpha

"Hebee Jeebes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:447e1aae$0$65508$(E-Mail Removed)...
> The one to pay is the company that puts the Mpeg support in their product.
> This is why there is a time limit. They aren't going to pay if your not
> going to buy. If you buy and pay for the product then they pay the
> copyright holder. Just like Adobe does for JPG, etc. When you buy the
> product the license fee to use the copyrighted material is included in the
> price.

The Motion Pictures Expert Group (MPEG) is not a public service freeware
entity.

Hebee Jeebes

Never said it was. The guy asked who he should pay for Mpeg and I simply
told him that they get paid when you purchase software that uses. The
creator of the software pays the licenses so that they can include support
for that format in their product.

F Murtz

Hebee Jeebes wrote:
> Never said it was. The guy asked who he should pay for Mpeg and I simply
> told him that they get paid when you purchase software that uses. The
> creator of the software pays the licenses so that they can include support
> for that format in their product.

You dont pay for freeware TMPGEnc is freeware

Hebee Jeebes

No it is not. They have demo and then past that you buy it. Even if it was
freeware that doesn't mean they are going to give you Mpeg encoding for free
what it costs them money.