Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Current DVDdisks: will they play in newer format players?

Reply
Thread Tools

Current DVDdisks: will they play in newer format players?

 
 
Hugh Doherty
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-24-2006
I am currently transferring my large VHS collection to DVD+R disks via a
standalone DVD recorder from a VCR. But will the disks play in the new
format Blu-ray or HD players? All info I've run across says "yes." Any
truth? Or am I wasting my time and money?

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
kaydigi
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-24-2006

<hdoherty@NO SPAMns.sympatico.ca (Hugh Doherty)> wrote in message
news:sK_cg.12385$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am currently transferring my large VHS collection to DVD+R disks via a
> standalone DVD recorder from a VCR. But will the disks play in the new
> format Blu-ray or HD players? All info I've run across says "yes." Any
> truth? Or am I wasting my time and money?
>


YES


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
caliban43@yahoo.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-24-2006
it's been announced by the makers of both formats that the new machines
will be backwards compatible -- your old DVDs will play on the new
machines.

John Harkness

 
Reply With Quote
 
Hugh Doherty
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-24-2006
In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...
>
>
>it's been announced by the makers of both formats that the new machines
>will be backwards compatible -- your old DVDs will play on the new
>machines.
>
>John Harkness
>


Many thanks to you and kaydigi for the reassurance. I'll keep going; only
130 to go!!!any bets I'll discover I don't really want to keep a lot of
them.

Cheers, Hugh

 
Reply With Quote
 
Sean O'Hara
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-26-2006
In the Year of the Dog, the Great and Powerful Hugh Doherty declared:
> I am currently transferring my large VHS collection to DVD+R disks via a
> standalone DVD recorder from a VCR. But will the disks play in the new
> format Blu-ray or HD players? All info I've run across says "yes." Any
> truth? Or am I wasting my time and money?
>


Yes, though watching VHS-quality video on a HiDef set is rather like
drinking Schlitz from a crystal wine glass.


--
Sean O'Hara | http://diogenes-sinope.blogspot.com
Since his first name is Sean, and since I can't be bothered to do
the necessary googling, I am going to assume knows what he's talking
about.
-John Derbyshire
 
Reply With Quote
 
unisellers
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-29-2006

Sean O'Hara wrote:
> In the Year of the Dog, the Great and Powerful Hugh Doherty declared:
> > I am currently transferring my large VHS collection to DVD+R disks via a
> > standalone DVD recorder from a VCR. But will the disks play in the new
> > format Blu-ray or HD players? All info I've run across says "yes." Any
> > truth? Or am I wasting my time and money?
> >

>
> Yes, though watching VHS-quality video on a HiDef set is rather like
> drinking Schlitz from a crystal wine glass.
>
>
> --
> Sean O'Hara | http://diogenes-sinope.blogspot.com
> Since his first name is Sean, and since I can't be bothered to do
> the necessary googling, I am going to assume knows what he's talking
> about.
> -John Derbyshire


Any Blu-ray / VHS combo players ? I still have a lot of video tapes.

--------
Inventory Lists - Collections - Large Lots
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/inventorylists/

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
To play or not to play bhuckle@bigpond.net.au DVD Video 1 08-01-2007 07:18 AM
PLAY MORE VIDEO GAMES WITH GOTTA PLAY Paul Heslop Digital Photography 0 05-21-2007 11:40 AM
how to play audio cd through newer dvd player when no hardwire connection to sound card Eric R Computer Support 5 09-01-2005 10:23 AM
they turn, they power, they make nice pics Keith and Jenn Z. Digital Photography 0 09-21-2003 04:16 AM



Advertisments