Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Magic flute (J.E. Gardiner) from Concertgebouw on VHS/DVD

Magic flute (J.E. Gardiner) from Concertgebouw on VHS/DVD

Alexander

Wayward NG,

I am helping a dear friend to track down a DVD/VHS recording of a
stunningly beautiful concert production of the "Magic flute" at the
Concertgebouw Amsterdam with John Eliot Gardiner, Michael Schade,
Gerald Finley, Christiane Oelze and others
So far we have found it on VHS, however we canīt find it on DVD. No
success at Ebay, amazon etc. as well.
Does anybody know if it exists in digital formats?
I ask for your understanding that I am posting the request at the
classical recordings-newsgroup as well, since I have no clue whether
this is the right place to post this kind of question - please forgive
this crossposting, I know it violates the netiquette...

With best regards from Austria,

Alexander

Netmask

"Alexander" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
Wayward NG,

I am helping a dear friend to track down a DVD/VHS recording of a
stunningly beautiful concert production of the "Magic flute" at the
Concertgebouw Amsterdam with John Eliot Gardiner, Michael Schade,
Gerald Finley, Christiane Oelze and others
So far we have found it on VHS, however we canīt find it on DVD. No
success at Ebay, amazon etc. as well.
Does anybody know if it exists in digital formats?
I ask for your understanding that I am posting the request at the
classical recordings-newsgroup as well, since I have no clue whether
this is the right place to post this kind of question - please forgive
this crossposting, I know it violates the netiquette...

With best regards from Austria,

Alexander

I have seen this performance on Australian Digital TV here in Sydney - quite
wonderful unfortunately I didn't record it. However it obviously exists on a
master for distribution to TV stations. I will make further enquires and if
I find something post.

Alexander

Thank you!