Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Cyberhome Problem

Cyberhome Problem

Theo

I have a 1500 and a 1600 DVD Recorder.i recorded a dvd+rw on the
1500,played it back on the 1600.no problem .i formatted the dvd on the
1600,after i viewed it.when i put it back in the 1600,all it does is
read the dvd...it's stuck there.just keeps on reading it.won't eject or
stop,won't do nothing.already tried unplugging the unit and waiting a
few minutes,nothing works.before i get a hammer to it,was hoping i could
get some help here....Thanks.

whosbest54

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,

>I have a 1500 and a 1600 DVD Recorder.i recorded a dvd+rw on the
>1500,played it back on the 1600.no problem .i formatted the dvd on the
>1600,after i viewed it.when i put it back in the 1600,all it does is
>read the dvd...it's stuck there.just keeps on reading it.won't eject or
>stop,won't do nothing.already tried unplugging the unit and waiting a
>few minutes,nothing works.before i get a hammer to it,was hoping i could
>get some help here....Thanks.

If repeated attempts to open the player with the drawer button fail, then
it's normally possible to open the case with a phillips screwdriver and
manually remove the disc without damaging the unit.

whosbest54

http://members.aol.com/whosbest54/

http://members.aol.com/whosbest54/rmb.html

Kimba W. Lion

On Wed, 17 May 2006 11:17:13 -0500, (E-Mail Removed) (Theo) wrote:

>I have a 1500 and a 1600 DVD Recorder.i recorded a dvd+rw on the
>1500,played it back on the 1600.no problem .i formatted the dvd on the
>1600,after i viewed it.when i put it back in the 1600,all it does is
>read the dvd...it's stuck there.just keeps on reading it.won't eject or
>stop,won't do nothing.already tried unplugging the unit and waiting a
>few minutes,nothing works.before i get a hammer to it,was hoping i could
>get some help here....Thanks.

The 1600 is very finicky about discs.
Immediately after powering it up, hit the open button repeatedly until you
get the indicator that says it's opening. (But don't hit the button again,
or it will start to load again.) You have to catch it before it gets
locked into its load cycle.

Bob

On Wed, 17 May 2006 11:17:13 -0500, (E-Mail Removed) (Theo) wrote:

>I have a 1500 and a 1600 DVD Recorder.i recorded a dvd+rw on the
>1500,played it back on the 1600.no problem .i formatted the dvd on the
>1600,after i viewed it.when i put it back in the 1600,all it does is
>read the dvd...it's stuck there.just keeps on reading it.won't eject or
>stop,won't do nothing.already tried unplugging the unit and waiting a
>few minutes,nothing works.before i get a hammer to it,was hoping i could
>get some help here....Thanks.

Which model? There's ZU and MU and MU1

Which firmware?

I would take it back for a full refund immediately after you get the
disc out. Then buy the ILO DVDRMU1 from WalMart for $99. Call ILO tech
support and get the latest f/w ver. 6.10.

--

"A politician's neck should always have a noose around it.
It keeps him upright."