Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > VOIP Loudspeaker and Microphone

VOIP Loudspeaker and Microphone

Wedell

I'm looking for a piece of VOIP kit that connects directly to a standard
cable router and has a louspeaker and microphone which is sensitive enough
to pick up conversation within a room, without the need for somebody to talk
directly into a handset or be near the microphone. Kind of like hands free
kit....? I would want it to be a permanent connection without the need to
dial it up or ring in, if you know what I mean.

--
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem.

Jono

Wedell wrote on 03/06/2006 :
> I'm looking for a piece of VOIP kit that connects directly to a standard
> cable router and has a louspeaker and microphone which is sensitive enough to
> pick up conversation within a room, without the need for somebody to talk
> directly into a handset or be near the microphone. Kind of like hands free
> kit....? I would want it to be a permanent connection without the need to
> dial it up or ring in, if you know what I mean.

What, like a bug or listening device?

linker3000

Jono wrote:
> Wedell wrote on 03/06/2006 :
>> I'm looking for a piece of VOIP kit that connects directly to a
>> standard cable router and has a louspeaker and microphone which is
>> sensitive enough to pick up conversation within a room, without the
>> need for somebody to talk directly into a handset or be near the
>> microphone. Kind of like hands free kit....? I would want it to be a
>> permanent connection without the need to dial it up or ring in, if you
>> know what I mean.

> What, like a bug or listening device?

Shurely not!

Wedell

>> I'm looking for a piece of VOIP kit that connects directly to a standard
>> cable router and has a louspeaker and microphone which is sensitive
>> enough to pick up conversation within a room, without the need for
>> somebody to talk directly into a handset or be near the microphone. Kind
>> of like hands free kit....? I would want it to be a permanent connection
>> without the need to dial it up or ring in, if you know what I mean.

> What, like a bug or listening device?

Suppose if that's what you want to call it - bit of background info may of
helped. I've set up an IP camera in my folks home so I can see them and
they can see me (via my own IP camera) on their laptop - it all works by
them just turning on the laptop and I've set up there start menu so IE
automatically loads on my IP camera server page. Now I want to be able to
talk and listen to them and them me, but without having to use a normal
telephone or using a dial-up VOIP service. Thought the best thing would be
to have a microphone and loudspeaker system at each end which is directly
connected to router and which means they don't have to do anyting
complicated to hear/talk to me. Hope that all makes sense.

fred

"Wedell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OThgg.2246$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> I'm looking for a piece of VOIP kit that connects directly to a standard
>>> cable router and has a louspeaker and microphone which is sensitive
>>> enough to pick up conversation within a room, without the need for
>>> somebody to talk directly into a handset or be near the microphone.
>>> Kind of like hands free kit....? I would want it to be a permanent
>>> connection without the need to dial it up or ring in, if you know what I
>>> mean.

>> What, like a bug or listening device?
>>

> Suppose if that's what you want to call it - bit of background info may of
> helped. I've set up an IP camera in my folks home so I can see them and
> they can see me (via my own IP camera) on their laptop - it all works by
> them just turning on the laptop and I've set up there start menu so IE
> automatically loads on my IP camera server page. Now I want to be able to
> talk and listen to them and them me, but without having to use a normal
> telephone or using a dial-up VOIP service. Thought the best thing would
> be to have a microphone and loudspeaker system at each end which is
> directly connected to router and which means they don't have to do anyting
> complicated to hear/talk to me. Hope that all makes sense.

What about the US Robotics Speakerphone?
http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/sto...&category_oid=
Fred

Les George

Try the Jabra SP500 bluetooth speakerphone (used this one & its good) or
thePama Plug N Go 8 bluetooth hands free speakerphone (haven't tried this
one)

news:uVcgg.3446$(E-Mail Removed)...