Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > wireless G router plugged into gigabit switch -- not working

wireless G router plugged into gigabit switch -- not working

Gurdude

Set up is as follows:

Motorola Surfboard cable modem >>
Motorola VT1000 voice terminal adapter (this is for Vonage, but it's also a
router)>>
SMC GS8 gigabit switch >>
2 computers connected to switch via Ethernet (work fine)
and D-Link DI-524 wireless G router connected to switch.

The purpose of the D-Link is to provide wireless access to my network.

I cannot view the setup page of the D-Link adapter from any computer.
However, if I connect a computer directly to a (vacant) port on the D-Link
router, then I can access the set up page (192.168....).

Questions: How should I configure the wireless router? With a static IP
address? Any sort of special settings I need to keep in mind?

Thanks in advance,
-G

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Since you have already a router you have to configure the D-Link as a Switch
with an Access Point.
Here how to, http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).

news:(E-Mail Removed). ..