Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Routing question

Routing question

Ed M

Is it possible to have a packets from a specific internal source override
the router's default route?

Here's the scenario:
Cisco 2520 router, no BGP

Ser0: ISP #1, high speed link, the default route unless its down , NAT using
ISP #1 address space
Ser1: ISP #2, low speed link, become default route if Ser0 is down, NAT
using ISP #2 address space
Eth0: Several web servers and 2 DNS/SMTP relay servers are attached.
Traffic from DNS/SMTP #1 should always go out Ser0, Traffic from DNS/SMTP #2
should always go out Ser1

Is it possible to set up a route that routes packets based on source IP
address so that normally only DNS/SMTP Server #2's traffic goes out that
way?
What does the IP ROUTE VRF command do?

Barry Margolin

In article <KQVkb.12967$(E-Mail Removed)>,
Ed M <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Is it possible to have a packets from a specific internal source override
>the router's default route?

Yes, use policy routing.

--
Barry Margolin, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)