Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > saving checkbox states on a page?

saving checkbox states on a page?

Kourosh

Is there a nice/easy way to save the state of a whole bunch of
checkboxes on an html page? I'm looping through all and saving them in
a cookie, and then read the cookie on a page load and set the checkbox
values accordingly. Just wondering if there is a better way....

this is done locally. the html file is not on a server.
just want ideas....
thanks

Jonathan N. Little

Kourosh wrote:
> Is there a nice/easy way to save the state of a whole bunch of
> checkboxes on an html page? I'm looping through all and saving them in
> a cookie, and then read the cookie on a page load and set the checkbox
> values accordingly. Just wondering if there is a better way....
>
> this is done locally. the html file is not on a server.
> just want ideas....

Without a server Cookie with JavaScript is really about it. Fudging with
the query string very kludgey and error prone

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Kourosh

Jonathan N. Little wrote:
> Kourosh wrote:
> > Is there a nice/easy way to save the state of a whole bunch of
> > checkboxes on an html page? I'm looping through all and saving them in
> > a cookie, and then read the cookie on a page load and set the checkbox
> > values accordingly. Just wondering if there is a better way....
> >
> > this is done locally. the html file is not on a server.
> > just want ideas....

> Without a server Cookie with JavaScript is really about it. Fudging with
> the query string very kludgey and error prone

alright thanks for the advice

> --
> Take care,
>
> Jonathan
> -------------------
> LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
> http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Steven Saunderson

On 2 Jun 2006 11:50:28 -0700, "Kourosh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Is there a nice/easy way to save the state of a whole bunch of
> checkboxes on an html page? I'm looping through all and saving them in
> a cookie, and then read the cookie on a page load and set the checkbox
> values accordingly. Just wondering if there is a better way....

I have some pages where I saved CB settings in a cookie. The idea was
to save settings from multiple pages and then create an e-mail listing
all the selected products.

Check <http://home.exetel.com.au/phelum/cbtest.htm> if interested.

--
Steven