Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Load Balance

Load Balance

Thorfin

Sorry if this has been asked before.

I have two internet lines, Frame Relay and ADSL.

I need to "Load Balance" or at least have some sort of "fail over" in place.

Trouble is both routers (adsl and frame routers) are "managed services" so I
can't touch them.

My question is thus, if I had a 2600 (would that do it?) router and put it
in behind the other two routers, with no wic cards installed, can it be
configured to load balance? if so how?

I only need this to happen outbound as inbound has been sorted.

Thanks in advance

Thorfin

Barry Margolin

In article <b0Tkb.5498$(E-Mail Removed)>,
Thorfin <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Sorry if this has been asked before.
>
>I have two internet lines, Frame Relay and ADSL.
>
>I need to "Load Balance" or at least have some sort of "fail over" in place.
>
>Trouble is both routers (adsl and frame routers) are "managed services" so I
>can't touch them.
>
>My question is thus, if I had a 2600 (would that do it?) router and put it
>in behind the other two routers, with no wic cards installed, can it be
>configured to load balance? if so how?

You can configure it with two default routes, and it will load share the
traffic between them. Depending on the switching method you enable, you
can get per-packet, per-destination, or per-flow load balancing.

You won't get failover unless you can implement a routing protocol between
the 2600's and the managed routers.

--
Barry Margolin, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
Level(3), Woburn, MA

This Old Man

Radware's "Linkproof Branch" can combine cable, dsl and T1, etc, and manage
inbound and outbound without changing your routers. But it's nearly $5k.

"Thorfin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:b0Tkb.5498$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sorry if this has been asked before.
>
> I have two internet lines, Frame Relay and ADSL.
>
> I need to "Load Balance" or at least have some sort of "fail over" in

place.

> Trouble is both routers (adsl and frame routers) are "managed services" so

> can't touch them.
>
> My question is thus, if I had a 2600 (would that do it?) router and put it
> in behind the other two routers, with no wic cards installed, can it be
> configured to load balance? if so how?
>
> I only need this to happen outbound as inbound has been sorted.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Thorfin

How can I Load Balance Two Internet Connections? Gabriel Wireless Networking 2 04-08-2008 07:20 PM
Life Balance Coaching: Balance Work And Life Like A Pro 88059355 Digital Photography 1 01-06-2008 07:32 PM
load balance static routers? g Cisco 3 11-11-2003 01:41 AM
Affects of a PL filter on white balance and white balance (D100) jeff liss Digital Photography 1 09-05-2003 02:07 PM
Failover and Load Balance Solution Michael Shiah Cisco 2 07-09-2003 04:51 AM

Advertisments