Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Voip.co.uk

Voip.co.uk

Thomas Kenyon

Is anybody else having a problem with outgoing calls via voip.co.uk
today (and yesterday)?

ACDeag

Thomas Kenyon expressed precisely :
> Is anybody else having a problem with outgoing calls via voip.co.uk
> today (and yesterday)?

Used it last night no problems, have not used it today at all.

M.Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Fri, 02 Jun 2006 10:19:23 GMT, Thomas Kenyon
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Is anybody else having a problem with outgoing calls via voip.co.uk
>today (and yesterday)?

Ok here today and yesterday .

Thomas Kenyon

> On Fri, 02 Jun 2006 10:19:23 GMT, Thomas Kenyon
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Is anybody else having a problem with outgoing calls via voip.co.uk
>> today (and yesterday)?

> Ok here today and yesterday .

Thanks, it was a problem my end, looks like asterisk didn't properly
close a channel and after that was blocking everything else that was
going out.

Looked very odd.

alexd

Thomas Kenyon wrote:

> Thanks, it was a problem my end, looks like asterisk didn't properly
> close a channel and after that was blocking everything else that was
> going out.
>
> Looked very odd.

I had a similar problem with the last version of Asterisk I was using
[asterisk_1-1.2.1.dfsg-1_amd64.deb] whereby after a call it would keep the
channel open and peg the CPU at 100%, no network traffic in either
direction, on about 50% of calls. Fixed in the current version so not sure
if it was a Debian package issue or an upstream Asterisk bug.

19:07:15 up 13 days, 13:04, 1 user, load average: 0.06, 0.11, 0.16
This is my BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMSTICK

Thomas Kenyon

alexd wrote:
> Thomas Kenyon wrote:
>
>> Thanks, it was a problem my end, looks like asterisk didn't properly
>> close a channel and after that was blocking everything else that was
>> going out.
>>
>> Looked very odd.

> I had a similar problem with the last version of Asterisk I was using
> [asterisk_1-1.2.1.dfsg-1_amd64.deb] whereby after a call it would keep the
> channel open and peg the CPU at 100%, no network traffic in either
> direction, on about 50% of calls. Fixed in the current version so not sure
> if it was a Debian package issue or an upstream Asterisk bug.

Weird, this was with 1.2.8, not happened since though.

Although on another machine I have had a 1.2.8 crash.