Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > OT: DHCP History

OT: DHCP History

Slarty Bartfast

I have hunted high and low for an answer to this, but nothing yet.

I would like to review the DHCP Lease History.
Ie: Who leased 192.168.168.123 on the 2nd January 2006?
I'm sure the info will be in C:\Winnt\System32\DHCP\DHCP.mdb - but how do I
open it?

--

Regards,
Slarty Bartfast

- If Sysop not found - Please notify computer!

"Slarty Bartfast" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have hunted high and low for an answer to this, but nothing yet.
>
> I would like to review the DHCP Lease History.
> Ie: Who leased 192.168.168.123 on the 2nd January 2006?
> I'm sure the info will be in C:\Winnt\System32\DHCP\DHCP.mdb - but how do I
> open it?

Since DHCP.mdb is a Jet Database, perhaps you can find a Jet Database Viewer
that would suffice. I have the dhcpcmd.exe program that came with the NT4
Resource Kit, you can download it here:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=232213

Once you run the Tools Management Console, you'll need to find and run
DHCPCMD.exe. A command window will open with the parameters for you. I'd
provide further instruction, but it's late and I trust you're smart enough to
figure it out.

HTH
--
Bigus Diękus
MCNGP #00110011

=?Utf-8?B?Q0QtUGlscw==?=

BeBibuuWAHAHAHAHAAHAAAAAAAAAaa
good luck to the poor man,
--
The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are
evil, but because of the people who don''''t gave a damn about it.

"BD" wrote:

> "Slarty Bartfast" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I have hunted high and low for an answer to this, but nothing yet.
> >
> > I would like to review the DHCP Lease History.
> > Ie: Who leased 192.168.168.123 on the 2nd January 2006?
> > I'm sure the info will be in C:\Winnt\System32\DHCP\DHCP.mdb - but how do I
> > open it?
> >

> Since DHCP.mdb is a Jet Database, perhaps you can find a Jet Database Viewer
> that would suffice. I have the dhcpcmd.exe program that came with the NT4
> Resource Kit, you can download it here:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=232213
>
> Once you run the Tools Management Console, you'll need to find and run
> DHCPCMD.exe. A command window will open with the parameters for you. I'd
> provide further instruction, but it's late and I trust you're smart enough to
> figure it out.
>
> HTH
> --
> Bigus Di┬ękus
> MCNGP #00110011
> -- MCNGP.com - 200 proof

CBIC

"CD-Pils" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> BeBibuuWAHAHAHAHAAHAAAAAAAAAaa
> good luck to the poor man,
> --

That was a helpful reply you a$$bag.

Jtyc

> BeBibuuWAHAHAHAHAAHAAAAAAAAAaa
> good luck to the poor man,

What evidence do you have that he is poor?

And could you clarify your first sentence, I didn't quite get that.

Thanks!