Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > VoIPCheap Query

VoIPCheap Query

Iceman

aap wrote:
> "Iceman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:447f612b$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I have tried putting wibble into my SIP phone's phonebook.
>> I have also tried "(E-Mail Removed)" and "(E-Mail Removed)"
>> but none of these works.

> Try wibble@her_publicipnumber
>
> Cheers,
> Jack

yes that's a good idea to try, but not long term viable as your public
IP address changes each time you log onto your ISP. Although in his case
as well as mine thats not very often, we both have ADSL routers and stay
connected 24/7.

I'll ask him what his public IP address is and give it a try

Jono

Iceman brought next idea :
> aap wrote:
>> "Iceman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:447f612b$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> I have tried putting wibble into my SIP phone's phonebook.
>>> I have also tried "(E-Mail Removed)" and "(E-Mail Removed)"
>>> but none of these works.

>> Try wibble@her_publicipnumber
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Jack
>>

> yes that's a good idea to try, but not long term viable as your public IP
> address changes each time you log onto your ISP. Although in his case as well
> as mine thats not very often, we both have ADSL routers and stay connected
> 24/7.
>
> I'll ask him what his public IP address is and give it a try

If she has a dynamic IP, set her up an account with DynDNS, install one
of the updaters, then use http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)name (assuming
wibble@her_publicipnumber works, of course)