Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > EasyPABX questions

Reply
Thread Tools

EasyPABX questions

 
 
Brian A
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-31-2006
I have been experimenting with various aspects of EasyPABX.

1. Currently I have my geo DID pointing at my VSP and registering the
SIP via EasyPABX (EP) just as though it was an ATA.
That works fine. However, I have need to point the DID directly at a
DDI on EP. I need to formulate the SIP address. I thought it might be
the DDI ID +underscore+my EP ID
eg. http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
Well, that doesn't work & neither do various other combinations I
have tried. What should it be??

2. From sipbroker the code for easyPABX is *7449
Where does the rest of the number come from to access my part of the
exchange? I've tried allsorts of combinations to no avail.

Before you ask...why don't I post on the forum at EasyPABX - I'll be
diplomatic and just say that I prefer this group.




Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
David Floyd
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-01-2006
In message of Wed, 31 May 2006, Brian A writes
>I have been experimenting with various aspects of EasyPABX.
>
>1. Currently I have my geo DID pointing at my VSP and registering the
>SIP via EasyPABX (EP) just as though it was an ATA.
>That works fine. However, I have need to point the DID directly at a
>DDI on EP. I need to formulate the SIP address. I thought it might be
>the DDI ID +underscore+my EP ID
>eg. (E-Mail Removed)
>Well, that doesn't work & neither do various other combinations I
>have tried. What should it be??
>
>2. From sipbroker the code for easyPABX is *7449
>Where does the rest of the number come from to access my part of the
>exchange? I've tried allsorts of combinations to no avail.
>
>Before you ask...why don't I post on the forum at EasyPABX - I'll be
>diplomatic and just say that I prefer this group.
>


Nevertheless, you will get a better and informed response in the forum.
Also the owners respond there.

To answer your fist question isn't it your ext.no and account no. eg
(E-Mail Removed)

David
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Brian A
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-01-2006
On Thu, 1 Jun 2006 12:53:10 +0100, David Floyd <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>In message of Wed, 31 May 2006, Brian A writes
>>I have been experimenting with various aspects of EasyPABX.
>>
>>1. Currently I have my geo DID pointing at my VSP and registering the
>>SIP via EasyPABX (EP) just as though it was an ATA.
>>That works fine. However, I have need to point the DID directly at a
>>DDI on EP. I need to formulate the SIP address. I thought it might be
>>the DDI ID +underscore+my EP ID
>>eg. (E-Mail Removed)
>>Well, that doesn't work & neither do various other combinations I
>>have tried. What should it be??
>>
>>2. From sipbroker the code for easyPABX is *7449
>>Where does the rest of the number come from to access my part of the
>>exchange? I've tried allsorts of combinations to no avail.
>>
>>Before you ask...why don't I post on the forum at EasyPABX - I'll be
>>diplomatic and just say that I prefer this group.
>>

>
>Nevertheless, you will get a better and informed response in the forum.
>Also the owners respond there.
>
>To answer your fist question isn't it your ext.no and account no. eg
>(E-Mail Removed)


That is what you use for set up on your ATA but it doesn't work when
connecting from a DID. Dial up the DID and get 'beep beep beep' - drop
out.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Brian A
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-01-2006
On Thu, 1 Jun 2006 12:53:10 +0100, David Floyd <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>In message of Wed, 31 May 2006, Brian A writes
>>I have been experimenting with various aspects of EasyPABX.
>>
>>1. Currently I have my geo DID pointing at my VSP and registering the
>>SIP via EasyPABX (EP) just as though it was an ATA.
>>That works fine. However, I have need to point the DID directly at a
>>DDI on EP. I need to formulate the SIP address. I thought it might be
>>the DDI ID +underscore+my EP ID
>>eg. (E-Mail Removed)
>>Well, that doesn't work & neither do various other combinations I
>>have tried. What should it be??
>>
>>2. From sipbroker the code for easyPABX is *7449
>>Where does the rest of the number come from to access my part of the
>>exchange? I've tried allsorts of combinations to no avail.
>>
>>Before you ask...why don't I post on the forum at EasyPABX - I'll be
>>diplomatic and just say that I prefer this group.
>>

>
>Nevertheless, you will get a better and informed response in the forum.
>Also the owners respond there.
>
>To answer your fist question isn't it your ext.no and account no. eg
>(E-Mail Removed)
>
>David

I am working on the calback - there is precious little information so
I have had to guess. Anyway, I got it working but, as the callback is
designed NOT to answer - hat is as I would wishit. However, not being
able to connect, the call gets routed, unfortunately, to my VSP's
voicemail service - I don't want an answer at all. I can't switch off
the voicemail so I thought I would try to direct the DID to the
exchange - It might be flawed thinking I don't know.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Speedtouch 716 & 716WL with easypabx or pbxes Telephoneman UK VOIP 1 07-06-2006 02:32 PM
Problems with EasyPABX David Floyd UK VOIP 1 07-01-2006 06:47 PM
Questions on Canon 300D and etc. questions regarding digital photography Progressiveabsolution Digital Photography 12 03-24-2005 05:18 PM
Newbie questions - Couple of VC++ questions regarding dlls and VB6 Ali Syed C Programming 3 10-13-2004 10:15 PM
Re: Questions....questions....questions Patrick Michael A+ Certification 0 06-16-2004 04:53 PM



Advertisments