Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > California Sun Microsystems computer systems employees

California Sun Microsystems computer systems employees

kr0

It seems that there is an issue in California with computer systems
employees of Sun Microsystems not receiving overtime wage compensation.
Apparently it is not uncommon for long coding hours to be overlooked for
overtime pay and in California there are specific laws in regards to this
that could effect lots of these employees. If you go to
http://www.lawyersandsettlements.com...stems_overtime there is
more information on this as well as what can be done about it. There is a
free case evaluation provided for those who may have had such overtime pay
issues. I thought this might be of interest and hope that it may be of some
help.

kr0

Luc The Perverse

"kr0" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsuwfg.219573$WI1.47150@pd7tw2no...
> It seems that there is an issue in California with computer systems
> employees of Sun Microsystems not receiving overtime wage compensation.
> Apparently it is not uncommon for long coding hours to be overlooked for
> overtime pay and in California there are specific laws in regards to this
> that could effect lots of these employees. If you go to
> http://www.lawyersandsettlements.com...stems_overtime there
> is
> more information on this as well as what can be done about it. There is a
> free case evaluation provided for those who may have had such overtime pay
> issues. I thought this might be of interest and hope that it may be of
> some
> help.

Good old cali has some of the strictest laws in the nation IIRC - requiring
overtime pay on hours over 40 and days over 10 hours

--
LTP

Adam Maass

"Luc The Perverse" wrote:
> "kr0" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> newsuwfg.219573$WI1.47150@pd7tw2no...
>> It seems that there is an issue in California with computer systems
>> employees of Sun Microsystems not receiving overtime wage compensation.
>> Apparently it is not uncommon for long coding hours to be overlooked for
>> overtime pay and in California there are specific laws in regards to this
>> that could effect lots of these employees. If you go to
>> http://www.lawyersandsettlements.com...stems_overtime there
>> is
>> more information on this as well as what can be done about it. There is a
>> free case evaluation provided for those who may have had such overtime
>> pay
>> issues. I thought this might be of interest and hope that it may be of
>> some
>> help.

> Good old cali has some of the strictest laws in the nation IIRC -
> requiring overtime pay on hours over 40 and days over 10 hours

Yes, but it also classifies most computer professionals in the same
categegory as managers and other "exempt" employees. "Exempt" in the sense
that overtime laws don't apply to them.

-- Adam Maass