Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Servlets e Url

Servlets e Url

eduardo.rosa@gmail.com

Hi people!

There's some way to get the anchor from url in a servlet? I'm trying to
use HTTPRequestServlet but don't works.

thanks a lot

examplo
http://www.site.com/page.jsp#chapter1

I need to get "chapter1" String

Rogan Dawes

> Hi people!
>
> There's some way to get the anchor from url in a servlet? I'm trying to
> use HTTPRequestServlet but don't works.
>
> thanks a lot
>
> examplo
> http://www.site.com/page.jsp#chapter1
>
> I need to get "chapter1" String

You can't. The anchor is never sent to the server.

It is simply used by the browser to position the view of the rendered
HTML page at the referenced anchor, once the page has been retrieved.
But the anchor itself is never sent to the server.

Use an intercepting proxy such as WebScarab or Paros to see what I mean.

Rogan

eduardo.rosa@gmail.com

I'll take a look WebScarab or Paros to understand better, thanks a lot.