Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Impossible to localize a Web Setup Project

Impossible to localize a Web Setup Project

WT

Hello,

Documentation speaks about a country list-box in the project properties, but
this list box is missing in VS2005 Pro.

Where is the problem ?
CS

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi CS,

As for the "localization" feature you mentioned, I've double check both VS
2005 TeamSuite and Professional edition and both of them support this
feature. And you can find this setting in the web setup project's
properties. You can simply select the web setup project's node in the
Visual Studio 2005's solution explorer, and in the Property Windows(of the
websetup project) you will find this "Localization" property which is
represented by a dropdownlist that contains multiple available localizable
languages.

#Localization Property
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...xz(VS.80).aspx

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Community Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

WT

Hello Steven,

I finally get everything, I was using right button click on the projet in
solution explorer which gives a 'Property Dialog also' which is not the same
as the Properties obtained from View-Properties.

Thanks fo help.
CS

"Steven Cheng[MSFT]" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message
de news: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi CS,
>
> As for the "localization" feature you mentioned, I've double check both VS
> 2005 TeamSuite and Professional edition and both of them support this
> feature. And you can find this setting in the web setup project's
> properties. You can simply select the web setup project's node in the
> Visual Studio 2005's solution explorer, and in the Property Windows(of the
> websetup project) you will find this "Localization" property which is
> represented by a dropdownlist that contains multiple available localizable
> languages.
>
> #Localization Property
> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...xz(VS.80).aspx
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Regards,
>
> Steven Cheng
> Microsoft Online Community Support

> rights.

> rights.)

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Thanks for your quick response Cs,

Glad that you've got it working.

Have a good day!

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Community Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

WT

My last problem in this WebSetup is transfering a parameter, TARGETDIR, from
the 'Register User' dialog to my register program.
When I enter TARGETDIR in the arguments property, my program receives the
value 'TARGETDIR' and not the value contained in the install property named
TARGETDIR.
I have tried to put '$' before it without result.
I was believing that TARGETDIR is the property from Web Application Folder
that should 'be accessed at installation to override the path of a custom
folder'
How to send this target installation dir as parameter to my program?

Thanks for help again.

CS

"Steven Cheng[MSFT]" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message
de news: (E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks for your quick response Cs,
>
> Glad that you've got it working.
>
> Have a good day!