Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Open newly created HTML page in new window?

Open newly created HTML page in new window?

mcmwhite@hotmail.com

Hi,

Does anyone know how I can open a newly-created HTML page
in a new window, using ASP.NET?

Eg. I have an ASP.NET page which creates some new HTML, based
on what the user has entered into a textbox. The ASP page
has a textbox (txtYourName) and a button. Clicking the button
will run this piece of code:

Page.aspx
---------

Response.Write("<b>Hello there " & txtYourName.Text & ", how are
you?</b>")

But I want this HTML to appear in a new browser window (like a pop-up
window),
rather than in the original page. I also want the original page to
remain
in the "old" window.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Mark.

John Timney \( MVP \)

Have a look at this, seems to do everything you need

http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/asppopup.asp

--
Regards

John Timney