Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Session Timeout Not working, ASP.NET

Session Timeout Not working, ASP.NET

Aryan

Hi,
I have put my session related parameter in web.config under
system.web, given below is the code for same.

<system.web>
<sessionState timeout ="1440" mode ="InProc" />
</system.web>

this session timeout is not working out, as this shows me login page
again if i dont do something for more then 20 minutes.

I am using ASP and ASP.NET 2.0 both in my application, so for ASP i
have set session timeout property in Global.asa for 1440 minutes, and
for ASP.NET i have set in under web.config file. So ASP page is working
fine for Session, but for .NET pages its not working. Can any one tell
me where am i wrong???

Thanks in Advance
Manoj Singh.

NumbLock

"Aryan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:1148990463.474673.222720
@r44g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

> Hi,
> I have put my session related parameter in web.config under
> system.web, given below is the code for same.
>
> <system.web>
> <sessionState timeout ="1440" mode ="InProc" />
> </system.web>
>
> this session timeout is not working out, as this shows me login page
> again if i dont do something for more then 20 minutes.
>
> I am using ASP and ASP.NET 2.0 both in my application, so for ASP i
> have set session timeout property in Global.asa for 1440 minutes, and
> for ASP.NET i have set in under web.config file. So ASP page is working
> fine for Session, but for .NET pages its not working. Can any one tell
> me where am i wrong???
>
> Thanks in Advance
> Manoj Singh.

There are two different types of timeout. One is an authentication
timeout (which redirects you to a login page) and the other is a session
timeout (which drops all session vars). I set the session timeout in
global.asax session_start by using session.timeout. IN your webconfig,
you can set the authentication timeout by editing this tag:

<authentication mode="Forms">
<forms timeout="1024"/>
</authentication>

I believe that both timeouts default to 20 minutes so if you want your
session to time out before your auth, set the <forms timeout="30"/> or
something.

--
*~!NumbLock!~*

Aryan

Hello friends,
I am worried about Authentication timeout. I am using ASP and ASP.NET
both in my application, so i am logging to my application using ASP
session and ASP Form's so my questions are like ;-

1. Will ASP.NET pages get redirected to ASP login page, if i set
Authentication Timeout to 1440(which is 24 hours)

2. Putting Session Timeout for sesstion states is different then
Authentication Timeout or they will use the same.??

3. My purpose it to redirect to user after 1440 mintues back to ASP
login page.

Thanks & Regards,
Manoj Singh