Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > For permissions and roles, how to use sql server 2005 standard edition instead of express?

For permissions and roles, how to use sql server 2005 standard edition instead of express?

keithb

I developed a web site that uses sql server express for permissions and
roles. Now I need to deploy it on a server that uses sql server 2005
standard edition instead of sql server express. What do I need to change so
that permissions and roles for my website use sql server 2005 standard
edition instead of sql server express?

Thanks,

Keith

You have to remove the default configuration in your web.config and then add
it back with the actual, new connection string:

<connectionStrings>
<remove name="LocalSqlServer" />
<add name="LocalSqlServer"
connectionString="server=localhost;database=XYZ;ui d=whosit;pwd=whatsit"
providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
</connectionStrings>
http://www.eggheadcafe.com
UnBlog: