Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > HTTPS Problem

HTTPS Problem

=?Utf-8?B?VmlkZHM=?=

Hi,

I am navigating from a HTTPS site to a HTTP site. I am not getting the
urlreferrer
for it .How can i get the urlreferrer info if i am coming from a secured
site.Please help this is urgent.Thanks in advance

Regards
Vidds

ssvivek@gmail.com

Hi Vidds,

This is not possible to my knowledge, Obviously, you cannot read
urlrefferrer because the security should be enforced in HTTPS. Hence it
will be null or a blank.

Vidds wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am navigating from a HTTPS site to a HTTP site. I am not getting the
> urlreferrer
> for it .How can i get the urlreferrer info if i am coming from a secured
> site.Please help this is urgent.Thanks in advance
>
> Regards
> Vidds

=?Utf-8?B?VmlkZHM=?=

Yes that is there but is there any way where in i can get any specific info
abt the coming request??

"(E-Mail Removed)" wrote:

> Hi Vidds,
>
> This is not possible to my knowledge, Obviously, you cannot read
> urlrefferrer because the security should be enforced in HTTPS. Hence it
> will be null or a blank.
>
> Vidds wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am navigating from a HTTPS site to a HTTP site. I am not getting the
> > urlreferrer
> > for it .How can i get the urlreferrer info if i am coming from a secured
> > site.Please help this is urgent.Thanks in advance
> >
> > Regards
> > Vidds

Joerg Jooss

Thus wrote Vidds,

> Hi,
>
> I am navigating from a HTTPS site to a HTTP site. I am not getting the
> urlreferrer
> for it .How can i get the urlreferrer info if i am coming from a
> secured
> site.Please help this is urgent.Thanks in advance

Referrer is useless for non-trivial application purposes, as it is often
removed by web proxies or when switching to a secure protocol etc.

Cheers,
--
Joerg Jooss