Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Beginner Question

Beginner Question

PiotrKolodziej

Hi
I have a question
1. I created Master Page
2. Then table drom menu Layout/Insert Table ( 3x3 table )
3. I have inserted contentplaceholder of this master page into the cell of
the table.

Now my question is :
Why this placeholder has dimensions ( for example 3x4 centimeters )?
i can't find property or anything else that could help me to fit placeholder
to the whole cell size.

I have also another question. When i drag and drop treeview into the cell
and bind it with sitemapdatasource, then this sitemapdatasource is created
inside the cell. Tt destroys layout of my table. Column width is huge.

Thanks for advice
PK

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=F6ran_Andersson?=

PiotrKolodziej wrote:
> Hi
> I have a question
> 1. I created Master Page
> 2. Then table drom menu Layout/Insert Table ( 3x3 table )
> 3. I have inserted contentplaceholder of this master page into the cell of
> the table.
>
> Now my question is :
> Why this placeholder has dimensions ( for example 3x4 centimeters )?

It doesn't. A placeholder itself doesn't produce any html code at all in
the final page, only what's inside the placeholder.

When you use controls that cause no rendering, you can't rely on the
control designer to display what the page will really look like. The
controls have to be displayed in the designer but they will not look
that way in the finished page.

> i can't find property or anything else that could help me to fit placeholder
> to the whole cell size.
>
> I have also another question. When i drag and drop treeview into the cell
> and bind it with sitemapdatasource, then this sitemapdatasource is created
> inside the cell. Tt destroys layout of my table. Column width is huge.

Same here.