Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Newbie question - PPP Configuration on Cisco routers

Newbie question - PPP Configuration on Cisco routers

Pink_Floyd

Hi Folks,

I have been trying to understand PPP configs on routers and have a
couple of questions.

I would be thoroughly grateful if you could please help me clariy them.

Lets say I have a modem thats connected to a router. The connection
could be done by a DB-25 cable at the modem end. Would the other part
of the cable be connected to a serial port? If so, how would I know the
line that would be assigned to the modem. I will be configuing PPP on
the async interface associated with the line that connects to the
modem. I know the steps to configure the async interface but need to
know the line to modem mapping.

Regards,

- Pink_Floyd

BernieM

"Pink_Floyd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
> Hi Folks,
>
> I have been trying to understand PPP configs on routers and have a
> couple of questions.
>
> I would be thoroughly grateful if you could please help me clariy them.
>
> Lets say I have a modem thats connected to a router. The connection
> could be done by a DB-25 cable at the modem end. Would the other part
> of the cable be connected to a serial port? If so, how would I know the
> line that would be assigned to the modem. I will be configuing PPP on
> the async interface associated with the line that connects to the
> modem. I know the steps to configure the async interface but need to
> know the line to modem mapping.
>
> Regards,
>
> - Pink_Floyd

It would connect to the aux port ...