Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > CBOS 675/678 2.4.8 Port Logging the WAN via MS

CBOS 675/678 2.4.8 Port Logging the WAN via MS

Zulu

These days I seem to find myself waking up with googles under my eyes
instead of sleet.

I've got a Cisco 675 that I have been trying to figure out how to parse
and log bi-directional traffic thru the wan. I am able to get the units
Syslog to turn out the standard messages of whether the link is
Up/Down, SNR and Times.

I have the DB9 (serial) cable and can communicate through either Telnet
or via Serial. I've got it sending what logs it does via the UDP port
syslog, as per stated above, but I cannot get it log to screen (as it
says it can) the packet info thru the serial OR udp/syslog.

Anyone have any experience with this on one of these units or any ideas
or links other then the cisco CBOS release documents, i have plenty of
those

Zulu

I am new to gg's and wont know this until i post this context to see if
my email addy actually shows or not but, is there a way (if it does
show) to sorta spamproof part of my email address like modify the
extension Google wouldn't let me do it when i tried :/

thrill5

You post is confusing, and I'm not sure what is not working, but here's a
shot. Are you trying to log the packet counters of the WAN interface, or
are you trying to get syslog to use the WAN interface as the source address
when sending syslog messages? The first is not possible via logging (syslog
or otherwise). Those stats are only available via SNMP. The second can be
done with the command "logging source-interface <interface>"

Scott

news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...