Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > connecting to catalyst 2950

connecting to catalyst 2950

shakespire

Hello,

I have in my net a catalyst 2950, and I want to create some vlans on
it, but I cannot found it by IP. It's not on the DHCP server, what can
I do?

http://sigs.30gigs.com/email.php/bWF...I9YmxhY2s=.jpg

chris

"shakespire" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hello,
>
> I have in my net a catalyst 2950, and I want to create some vlans on
> it, but I cannot found it by IP. It's not on the DHCP server, what can
> I do?
>
> http://sigs.30gigs.com/email.php/bWF...I9YmxhY2s=.jpg

Connect to it on the console port perhaps?

shakespire

I dont have tried, now I dont have access to it with a laptop

nirsh

well if you've never configured an ip address on it then you can't
connect to it via IP (telnet) .

you'll have to connect to it at first with a cisco console cable (a
light blue cable) and configure it that way .

shakespire

Oh, I understand, but I must to use the cisco cable? or any serial
cable works?

Specifically the Cisco roll-over console cable (light blue in color and
flat, not round). That is unless you know the pinouts and make your
own.

shakespire

thanks for all, I'll buy one