Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > mozilla.support.firefox newsgroup

mozilla.support.firefox newsgroup

History Fan

I just wanted to give another plug to the above newsgroup. It should
be available to most news servers now.

Ed Mullen

History Fan wrote:
> I just wanted to give another plug to the above newsgroup. It should
> be available to most news servers now.

It's available on its own server (news.mozilla.org), no need for a
separate news server. Just set up an account in your news reader.

http://mozilla.edmullen.net/moz_newsgroups.html

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

gwtc

Ed Mullen wrote:

> History Fan wrote:
>
>> I just wanted to give another plug to the above newsgroup. It should
>>be available to most news servers now.
>>

> It's available on its own server (news.mozilla.org), no need for a
> separate news server. Just set up an account in your news reader.
>
> http://mozilla.edmullen.net/moz_newsgroups.html

plus they're not supposed to be on other servers.

--
Interesting Modern Philosophies: You never really learn to swear until
you learn to drive. (The corollary is: You never learn to pray until

History Fan

>> It's available on its own server (news.mozilla.org), no need for a
>> separate news server. Just set up an account in your news reader.
>>
>> http://mozilla.edmullen.net/moz_newsgroups.html
>>

> plus they're not supposed to be on other servers.

mozilla.support.firefox is available on the news.fuse.net newsgroup.

History Fan

>> plus they're not supposed to be on other servers.
>>

> mozilla.support.firefox is available on the news.fuse.net newsgroup.

I meant "newsSERVER."

gwtc

History Fan wrote:
>>>plus they're not supposed to be on other servers.
>>>

>> mozilla.support.firefox is available on the news.fuse.net newsgroup.

> I meant "newsSERVER."

that might be true, but what I'm saying is that they shouldn't be, but
some how, they are.

--

See for more info: http://mozillanews.org/bugzilla_warning.php3?id=326759

--
Interesting Modern Philosophies: You never really learn to swear until
you learn to drive. (The corollary is: You never learn to pray until
your kids learn to drive!)

Justin

Ed Mullen wrote on [Thu, 01 Jun 2006 08:36:16 -0400]:
> History Fan wrote:
>> I just wanted to give another plug to the above newsgroup. It should
>> be available to most news servers now.
>>

> It's available on its own server (news.mozilla.org), no need for a
> separate news server. Just set up an account in your news reader.
>
> http://mozilla.edmullen.net/moz_newsgroups.html

**** that. Newsgroups are designed to be spread out to all servers, not
having an account for every single damn group I want to read.

Justin

gwtc wrote on [Thu, 01 Jun 2006 09:56:21 -0700]:
> Ed Mullen wrote:
>
>> History Fan wrote:
>>
>>> I just wanted to give another plug to the above newsgroup. It should
>>>be available to most news servers now.
>>>

>> It's available on its own server (news.mozilla.org), no need for a
>> separate news server. Just set up an account in your news reader.
>>
>> http://mozilla.edmullen.net/moz_newsgroups.html
>>

> plus they're not supposed to be on other servers.

That's moronic.

Justin

gwtc wrote on [Fri, 02 Jun 2006 09:41:53 -0700]:
> Justin wrote:
>
>> Ed Mullen wrote on [Thu, 01 Jun 2006 08:36:16 -0400]:

>>>It's available on its own server (news.mozilla.org), no need for a
>>>separate news server. Just set up an account in your news reader.
>>>
>>>http://mozilla.edmullen.net/moz_newsgroups.html

>> **** that. Newsgroups are designed to be spread out to all servers, not
>> having an account for every single damn group I want to read.

> but the Mozilla support groups are not part of the usenet. They are
> private. Just like the Corel newsgroups are, or the Stardock, or others.

And these are the groups that supposedly "replaced" the netscape.*
groups that were on usenet, yes? Not much of a replacement.

Re: Bulk Newsgroup Poster - amazing result Malke Wireless Networking 0 01-17-2005 01:35 AM
Newsgroup question Chris Firefox 1 11-24-2003 12:45 PM
Is it possible to display newsgroup names not shortened? Jarmo P Firefox 1 10-08-2003 10:10 AM
Thunderbird Newsgroup? Dale Firefox 8 10-06-2003 02:02 PM

Advertisments