Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > gives "save as" prompt for html page

gives "save as" prompt for html page

bala

hello friends !

Some times browsers (opera, firefox, konqueror) gives "save as"
or "open with"

prompt while opening html (from php) files...

some times it works some time not.....
what is the reason? why doesnt recognize the html files ?

pls help

regards
balavignesh

Jedi Fans

On 01/06/06 05:58, bala Scribbled:
> hello friends !
>
> Some times browsers (opera, firefox, konqueror) gives "save as"
> or "open with"
>
> prompt while opening html (from php) files...
>
> some times it works some time not.....
> what is the reason? why doesnt recognize the html files ?
>
> pls help
>
> regards
> balavignesh

Most probably to do with the web server rather than the browser, if
the html page is served with a "mimetype" (how linux works out what
files are which) other than text/html it will ask to download.

--
Hope This Helped and MTFBWY...
Kieren aka JediFans - <url:http://jedifans.com/>

Mumia W.

bala wrote:
> hello friends !
>
> Some times browsers (opera, firefox, konqueror) gives "save as"
> or "open with"
>
> prompt while opening html (from php) files...
>
> some times it works some time not.....
> what is the reason? why doesnt recognize the html files ?
>
> pls help
>
> regards
> balavignesh

Are you talking about loading .php files from a web-server or from disk?

balavignesh

> Are you talking about loading .php files from a web-server or from disk?

php files from web server.....

regards
bala

Ralph Fox

On 31 May 2006 21:58:26 -0700, in message <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
bala wrote:

> hello friends !
>
> Some times browsers (opera, firefox, konqueror) gives "save as"
> or "open with"
>
> prompt while opening html (from php) files...
>
> some times it works some time not.....
> what is the reason? why doesnt recognize the html files ?
>
> pls help

Post URLs to a few examples. Then someone can look at each of them.

--
Cheers,
Ralph

"Curiosity skilled the cat."

balavignesh

Hello frends!

Thank u for reply.... I found the cause for the problem.
i am sitting behind the proxy.
whenever the proxy refuse
my request ( because of improper net connection , often we
lost the net connection), it gives the saveas box.

But i dont know the exact reason.
If anyone knows please post the reason..

bye
bala

Ralph Fox

On 9 Jun 2006 02:14:23 -0700, in message <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
balavignesh wrote:

> Hello frends!
>
> Thank u for reply.... I found the cause for the problem.
> i am sitting behind the proxy.
> whenever the proxy refuse
> my request ( because of improper net connection , often we
> lost the net connection), it gives the saveas box.
>
> But i dont know the exact reason.
> If anyone knows please post the reason..

The most likely reason is that an incorrect Content-Type
is being returned to the browser in the HTTP response headers.

Someone who is not behind your proxy may not see the same
HTTP response headers that you do, and so cannot be sure
of the exact reason.

You may have to look at the HTTP response headers yourself.

To see the HTTP response headers, you may need to use an
extension like "LiveHttpHeaders".

--
Cheers,
Ralph