Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Need help to learn networking

Need help to learn networking

kuku

am new to computers and i would like to learn networking, is there any
person to help me send me books(softcopy) which can help me learn very
fast. i will be very greatfull for any person's guidance.

Sooner Al [MVP]

This is a pretty good start...

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/its...tcpipfund.mspx

....and a downloadable PDF version...

The "Cable Guy" articles are informative also...

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/com...uy/cgarch.mspx

....as are these sites...

http://www.homenethelp.com/
http://www.practicallynetworked.com/

MS help pages...

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/winxp?sid=184

Enjoy...

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

mutual benefit of all of us...
rights...

"kuku" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> am new to computers and i would like to learn networking, is there any
> person to help me send me books(softcopy) which can help me learn very
> fast. i will be very greatfull for any person's guidance.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
This page includes many links that might help in building you own tutorial.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"kuku" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> am new to computers and i would like to learn networking, is there any
> person to help me send me books(softcopy) which can help me learn very
> fast. i will be very greatfull for any person's guidance.

Diamontina Cocktail

"kuku" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> am new to computers and i would like to learn networking, is there any
> person to help me send me books(softcopy) which can help me learn very
> fast. i will be very greatfull for any person's guidance.

www.lynda.com - online learning.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Sorry the link is: http://www.ezlan.net/basic.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).

news:OJd%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> This page includes many links that might help in building you own
> tutorial.
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> "kuku" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>> am new to computers and i would like to learn networking, is there any
>> person to help me send me books(softcopy) which can help me learn very
>> fast. i will be very greatfull for any person's guidance.

=?Utf-8?B?d2VyZWZyb2c=?=

Hi, want to save endless time & trouble, get yourself a networking program. I
bot one, free after rebate, loaded the program on my 3 computers, and presto,
I was printing & sharing files immediately.

"kuku" wrote:

> am new to computers and i would like to learn networking, is there any
> person to help me send me books(softcopy) which can help me learn very
> fast. i will be very greatfull for any person's guidance.

Diamontina Cocktail

You COULD do that but learn nothing and tcp/ip, wi-fi, network sharing for a
SIMPLE HOME NETWORK or even a small office network is honestly so easy, a
child could do it. All it takes is an hour or two and you'd have it all down
pat.

"werefrog" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, want to save endless time & trouble, get yourself a networking
> program. I
> bot one, free after rebate, loaded the program on my 3 computers, and
> presto,
> I was printing & sharing files immediately.
>

> "kuku" wrote:
>
>> am new to computers and i would like to learn networking, is there any
>> person to help me send me books(softcopy) which can help me learn very
>> fast. i will be very greatfull for any person's guidance.

=?Utf-8?B?d2VyZWZyb2c=?=

To network the 1st time just using Windows you need a TIP or 2, like turn off
your firewall, to be successful. I never "learned" that until my free prg
told me about it.
so, your point of learning nothing just buying a networking prg is not
substantial. In fact, it's the easiest way to learn & the help file tells you
everything in one location instead of having to search the microsoft data
base.

"Diamontina Cocktail" wrote:

> You COULD do that but learn nothing and tcp/ip, wi-fi, network sharing for a
> SIMPLE HOME NETWORK or even a small office network is honestly so easy, a
> child could do it. All it takes is an hour or two and you'd have it all down
> pat.
>
> "werefrog" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi, want to save endless time & trouble, get yourself a networking
> > program. I
> > bot one, free after rebate, loaded the program on my 3 computers, and
> > presto,
> > I was printing & sharing files immediately.
> >

> > "kuku" wrote:
> >
> >> am new to computers and i would like to learn networking, is there any
> >> person to help me send me books(softcopy) which can help me learn very
> >> fast. i will be very greatfull for any person's guidance.

Kerry Brown

werefrog wrote:
> To network the 1st time just using Windows you need a TIP or 2, like
> turn off your firewall, to be successful. I never "learned" that
> until my free prg told me about it.

There is no need to turn off your firewall to network computers. This is
very bad advice. Sometimes you may have to turn it off temporarily to
troubleshoot but it should always be turned back on. With every firewall I
have ever used you can network with the firewall on. Some are harder to
configure than others but they all allow networking.

--
Kerry
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

=?Utf-8?B?d2VyZWZyb2c=?=

"Kerry Brown" wrote:

"There is no need to turn off your firewall to network computers. "
there was for me! the commercial ntwk prg was having problems on initilial
install & they emailed me to turn off the firewall, I did & it worked.
I tried setting up the firewall to allow my networked computers to share
files, without success.
I had ZoneAlarm on my desktop & Mcaffee on my notebook. Perhaps if both were
using the same brand firewall?