Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Bluetooth missing from PC

Bluetooth missing from PC

=?Utf-8?B?QW5uaWU=?=

Hi - I cannot locate bluetooth anywhere on my PC - how can I find it?

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Most PCs do not have Bluetooth usually it is an Add On that needs to be
bought and installed.
If your computer was suppose to come with Bluetooth your documentation would
help.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Annie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi - I cannot locate bluetooth anywhere on my PC - how can I find it?

=?Utf-8?B?Vmlub2Q=?=

Dear Annie,

First look at the manual provided with your PC. If that is not availabel
with you, let me know your PC model or make and year of purchase.
Try to find a bluetooth key on your key pad which is used to ON/OFF
bluetooth and wireless operations. Let me know if this helps.

Vinod

"Annie" wrote:

> Hi - I cannot locate bluetooth anywhere on my PC - how can I find it?

Ernest

> Most PCs do not have Bluetooth usually it is an Add On that needs to be
> bought and installed.

Many laptops however do come with Bluetooth.

Dave B.

However seeing as how the O/P provided no usefull info, the reply was
appropriate

"Ernest" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e5jhmd$esb$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Most PCs do not have Bluetooth usually it is an Add On that needs to be
>> bought and installed.

> Many laptops however do come with Bluetooth.

=?Utf-8?B?TWlrZQ==?=

"Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

> Hi
> Most PCs do not have Bluetooth usually it is an Add On that needs to be
> bought and installed.
> If your computer was suppose to come with Bluetooth your documentation would
> help.
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> "Annie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi - I cannot locate bluetooth anywhere on my PC - how can I find it?

> Ive misplaced the documentation on my hp Pavillion ze2115us any way knowing if I have bluetooth capabillity?

=?Utf-8?B?QWxhbg==?=

Hi Jack: I understand that SP2 does provide a Bluetooth icon in XP Pro and
Home Control Panel. If it is not present (XP Pro) , what can be done to
enable it, short of a reinstall of SP?
Thank you.

"Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

> Hi
> Most PCs do not have Bluetooth usually it is an Add On that needs to be
> bought and installed.
> If your computer was suppose to come with Bluetooth your documentation would
> help.
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> "Annie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi - I cannot locate bluetooth anywhere on my PC - how can I find it?

Lem

Alan wrote:
> Hi Jack: I understand that SP2 does provide a Bluetooth icon in XP Pro and
> Home Control Panel. If it is not present (XP Pro) , what can be done to
> enable it, short of a reinstall of SP?
> Thank you.
>
> "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:
>
>> Hi
>> Most PCs do not have Bluetooth usually it is an Add On that needs to be
>> bought and installed.
>> If your computer was suppose to come with Bluetooth your documentation would
>> help.
>> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>>
>> "Annie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hi - I cannot locate bluetooth anywhere on my PC - how can I find it?

AFAIK, the BT icon is only there if you have installed BT hardware. At
least, that's my experience. That is, there are several BTxxx.inf files
in Windows\inf\ but nothing gets installed until the hardware is detected.

=?Utf-8?B?QWxhbg==?=

Thanks, Lem. I do have a BT Bluesoleil dongle installed and after much
pulling out of sparse hair, have it working to Synch with my Blackberry
8700r. The blue/white icon BT icon appears in System Tray and in Device
manager, but not in the alpha list inside Control Panel, e.g. between Auto
Updates-Date and Time. Guess it's not an issue if the thing is working. Just
curious and thanks.

Alan wrote:
> Thanks, Lem. I do have a BT Bluesoleil dongle installed and after much
> pulling out of sparse hair, have it working to Synch with my Blackberry
> 8700r. The blue/white icon BT icon appears in System Tray and in Device
> manager, but not in the alpha list inside Control Panel, e.g. between Auto
> Updates-Date and Time. Guess it's not an issue if the thing is working. Just
> curious and thanks.
>
> "Lem" wrote:
>
>> Alan wrote:
>>> Hi Jack: I understand that SP2 does provide a Bluetooth icon in XP Pro and
>>> Home Control Panel. If it is not present (XP Pro) , what can be done to
>>> enable it, short of a reinstall of SP?
>>> Thank you.

>> AFAIK, the BT icon is only there if you have installed BT hardware. At
>> least, that's my experience. That is, there are several BTxxx.inf files
>> in Windows\inf\ but nothing gets installed until the hardware is detected.

Glad it's working. I just installed a Widcomm-based BT dongle (which
uses its own BT stack instead of the built-in XP stack) and it spewed
icons everywhere: one on the top of the start > programs menu, one at
the bottom of start > programs, one in the notification area, and "My
Bluetooth Places" on the desktop. And one in Control Panel. As I
recall, I could get to the same "configure BT" screen from the
notification area icon as from the control panel icon.