Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > cisco 2900 vlans

cisco 2900 vlans

gene martinez

I have a old cisco 2900 awitch. I have it set-up with 4 vlans on the
switch. I'm thinking of getting the linksys wap54gp that can have up
to 7 vlans. Does anyone know how to configure the port on the cicso
switch to have 4 vlans on one port???

Thanks

Doug McIntyre

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (gene martinez) writes:
>I have a old cisco 2900 awitch. I have it set-up with 4 vlans on the
>switch. I'm thinking of getting the linksys wap54gp that can have up
>to 7 vlans. Does anyone know how to configure the port on the cicso
>switch to have 4 vlans on one port???

Which old cisco 2900 switch? One model can't do what you want, a bunch
can. The exact model # will determine what you have.

If you have one of the ones that can,

switchport trunk encaps dot1q
switchport mode trunk

www.BradReese.Com

Hi Gene,

You may wish to investigate Cisco Product Guides from among the last 8
years:

http://www.bradreese.com/refurbished...duct-guide.htm

Sincerely,

Brad Reese
BradReese.Com - Leverage Your Cisco Network
1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17
Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803
USA & Canada: 877-549-2680
International: 828-277-7272
Fax: 775-254-3558
AIM: R2MGrant
Website: http://www.bradreese.com/contact-us.htm

gene martinez

Thanks I'll have a look...

"www.BradReese.Com" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi Gene,
>
>You may wish to investigate Cisco Product Guides from among the last 8
>years:
>
>http://www.bradreese.com/refurbished...duct-guide.htm
>
>Sincerely,
>
>Brad Reese
>BradReese.Com - Leverage Your Cisco Network
>1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17
>Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803
>USA & Canada: 877-549-2680
>International: 828-277-7272
>Fax: 775-254-3558
>AIM: R2MGrant
>Website: http://www.bradreese.com/contact-us.htm

Vlans on a 2900 series XL switch vos Cisco 7 03-21-2006 05:10 PM
Windows - Browsing across vlans and also DC's on separate vlans punisher Cisco 2 11-17-2005 03:41 PM
question about Mapping 802.1Q VLANs to ISL VLANs ilya@3ka.mipt.ru Cisco 0 01-11-2005 02:42 PM
Cisco 2900 Full-duplex Jay B Cisco 1 12-03-2003 01:02 AM
2900 switch & vlans gene martinez Cisco 1 11-09-2003 03:46 AM

Advertisments