Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Networking Windows 2000 & Windows XP

Networking Windows 2000 & Windows XP

=?Utf-8?B?UGFkZHkoU3VlKQ==?=

I have just set up wireless home networking with internet access on my (PC 1
upstairs with Win XP) & (Laptop to use any were in the house with Win 2000).
I want a set up were I can share files etc on both computers. So I did the
network wizard on the PC upstairs but when I inserted the disc in the laptop
it brings up a message (unable to do please contact microsoft for advice on
setting up networking on Win 2000) I have looked on varies sites on the
internet with no luck. Can someone please advise me, a very frustrated Paddy
(Sue)

Jack

Hi

You do not need any transfer CD. Configure the Win2000 Laptop Network
setting manually, http://www.windowsnetworking.com/j_helmig/guidcnf2.htm

When done use the utility that came with the Wireless Card.

Wireless, Basic Configuration: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Config.html

Jack (MVP-Networking).

news:(E-Mail Removed)...