Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Wildcard in FileFilter is resetting my File Type

Wildcard in FileFilter is resetting my File Type

cjaouhar@hotmail.com

I am using a FileFilter with the following extension "*.doc". The
getDescription() method for that extension returns "Microsoft Word
Document", which is what gets displayed in the "Files of Type"
dropdown. My problem is that if the user enter a wildcard (*) in the
"File Name" field and hit enter, it changes the "Files of Type" drop
down to that as well.

How do you prevent the "Files of Type" selection from changing when
using wildcard?

Wildcard String Comparisons: Set Pattern to a Wildcard Source chaoticcranium@gmail.com Python 7 10-05-2010 09:26 PM
Gtk::FileFilter WoodHacker Ruby 2 11-02-2006 12:05 AM
Trouble extending java.io.FileFilter! Frank Java 5 01-14-2005 08:54 AM
FileList and FileFilter and regular expressions P.Hill Java 6 11-18-2003 03:15 PM
Re: FileFilter Sebastian Hoehn Java 1 06-29-2003 10:46 AM

Advertisments