Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > cant find the solution

cant find the solution

=?Utf-8?B?bml6YW0=?=

Hi all,
i have a simple Problem. i have written a code in asp.net for sending email.
my code is working fine. but
entire body content is not going only 1000 bytes are going. above 1000 bytes
all are truncted. i want my mail message to carry >1000 bytes.
the error i think are as follows:

IPlanet-SMTP-Warning Lines longer than SMTP allows found and truncated.

but for gmail,yahoo...etc . if i send, all the contents are going.but if i
send it to vsnl.net it is accepting only a max of 1000 bytes.
can anyone guide/suggest me to do that.
it is very urgent because all the people who r using othersites except vsnl,
they r getting mails and vsnl.net people are not getting entire messge.

my code is as follows:
using System.Web.Mail;
using System.Text;
using System.IO;

MailMessage mail = new MailMessage( );
mail.To = "(E-Mail Removed)" ;
mail.From = "(E-Mail Removed)" ;
mail.Subject = "Test Mail" ;
mail.BodyFormat = MailFormat.Text;

mail.Body =nizam; //string builder nizam carrying >1000 bytes

SmtpMail.SmtpServer.Insert(0,"127.0.0.1");
SmtpMail.Send( mail );

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

the email standard RFC 2822 (
http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc2822.txt )says:

There are two limits that this standard places on the number of
characters in a line. Each line of characters MUST be no more than
998 characters, and SHOULD be no more than 78 characters, excluding
the CRLF.

if you use text format for mail messages, you should word wrap (insert a
crlf) the lines at 78 chars.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

news:(E-Mail Removed)...