Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > 7204 IMA ATM DLCI question

7204 IMA ATM DLCI question

Tim J. Dunn

I currently have a 7204 with a frame relay connection that has about 100
dlci connections, I am planning on moving this router to 3 new circuits,
these circuits are 3 DS1 atm circuits. I was looking at the kinda rare
PA-A3-8T1/IMA as a solution, My question is, is it possible to configure
DLCI's on an ATM interface?
--

Thanks,

Tim J. Dunn
Systems Administrator
Sunset Net
(530) 879-5660 x108

Ted Mittelstaedt

"Tim J. Dunn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I currently have a 7204 with a frame relay connection that has about 100
> dlci connections, I am planning on moving this router to 3 new circuits,
> these circuits are 3 DS1 atm circuits. I was looking at the kinda rare
> PA-A3-8T1/IMA as a solution, My question is, is it possible to configure
> DLCI's on an ATM interface?
> --

Yes, it is called a Frame Relay ATM Interwork. Your telephone frame
provider
has to offer Frame over ATM.

You might consider instead of the PA-A3-8T1, using a PA-A3-T3 enhanced ATM
DS3 card, then use a Larscom IMA DS3-T1 multiplexor. These are
rediculously
cheap on the used market as some of the large Telco's are dumping them.

Ted

Setting E1 VWIC cards to ATM mode for Inverse multiplexing over ATM(IMA) Ivan82 Cisco 1 08-29-2006 02:38 PM
ATM-E1 4E1-IMA and AIM-ATM-4E1 rosario Cisco 3 01-07-2006 04:09 PM
ATM IMA question Joy Ghanekar Cisco 0 07-15-2004 03:09 PM
ATM IMA Link Flops like clockwork BitBucket Cisco 1 03-05-2004 03:49 PM
ATM and IMA Question??? xxx Cisco 7 02-04-2004 04:41 AM

Advertisments