Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Netbeans Source Folders

Netbeans Source Folders

Russell

Hi,

I have just started using the NetBeans IDE and so far I am pretty
impressed. However one thing escapes me:

Does anybody know how on earth to import the same source folder into
more than one Netbeans project, or alternatively how to share common
source code across projects? Whenever I try to import the same source
folder into a second project, it tells me this is not allowed.

Thanks in advance,
Russell.

Martin Gerner

"Russell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:1148649258.628714.79640
@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com:

> Does anybody know how on earth to import the same source folder into
> more than one Netbeans project, or alternatively how to share common
> source code across projects? Whenever I try to import the same source
> folder into a second project, it tells me this is not allowed.

I would imagine that there are better ways to do this, but I solved it by
creating a separate project for the 'shared' files. Then I would include
that project by right-clicking 'libraries' and choosing 'add project'.
You can add a folder directly there too (and then add it again in some
other project), but for some reason I thought the add-project-way was more
convenient. Can't remember why.

--
Martin Gerner

Russell

Thanks for the help Martin, I'll give that a try.

Cheers,
Russell.