Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Invoking a setup / deployment project via the command line?

Invoking a setup / deployment project via the command line?

Wade

Hey all,

I have a setup / deployment project that is used to create builds for my web
project. I can very easily invoke this manually, in the IDE, to get the
packaged MSI file.

However, I would like to be able to invoke the packaging of this MSI file
from the command line, so that I can embed it in a script.

Anyone know what this command line statement would be?

Thanks!

Wade

Wade

Okay -- I got the following to work:

devenv.exe /rebuild debug /project ProjectName "SolutionName.sln"

Yet, it's not quite what I want. This particular project is a Setup &
Deployment product. During the build, I want to increment the Product Code
and Version.

How can I do this?

news:u%(E-Mail Removed)...